2012 VP Racing Fuels National Finals, MSA Pro Modified & Sportman Finals
Words & Photos by Dick Parnham
Santa Pod Racers Club - 22nd-23rd September 2012
Santa Pod Raceway - England
2012 MSA Pro Modified
First Day Qualifying weather had been good with clear skies but the forecast for the Final day was changeable which caused a rain off just after the first round of eliminations.
Despite this Roger Moore having set No 2 Qualifier on 6.679sec, 208 mph and personal best which he had been doing with his improved performance throughout the season. His Points without the challenge of Graham Ellis out with a broken engine were to be sufficient for the 2012 Championship.
The Top Qualifier spot had been taken by Kevin Slyfield who returned with his Willys that was now running arrow straight instead of the old habit of diving to the side barrier in 6.660sec, 204mph.
Andy Wright had set a good qualifier at No 3 in 6.794sec, 214mph.
Also out of the final challenge was Wayne Nicholson in the "Lucky Devil " Corvette that in qualifying suffered a broken drive shaft which was seen shooting out the side and over the guard rail.
2012 SPORTSMAN CHAMPIONSHIPs
1. UK National Super Mod - Belinda Bull
2. UK National Super Pro ET - Jack Brewster
3. UK National Pro ET - Paul Brown
4. Sportsman ET - CraIg Wright
5. Super Comp - Brian Pateman
6. Super Gas - Brian Pateman
7. Super Street - Leigh Morris
8. Top Speed Automotive - Brian Payne
9. Lucas Oil Junior Dragster - Joe Kellet