Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:50 am

Thanks for the nanners, strawberries and buckeyes Zappy. We were totally surprised when we came home and found that stuff on the back porch. Your debt for safe passage has been waved for the year, just let us know you are coming next time. I told the State Highway Patrol to close their eyes and hold their hand over the radar gun all year long when you come through. :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:13 am

Off to apply the vinyl I cut yesterday.
64.9°f this am, cloudy. Forecast is for a high of only 70°f. should be a nice day.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks for the nanners, strawberries and buckeyes Zappy. We were totally surprised when we came home and found that stuff on the back porch. Your debt for safe passage has been waved for the year, just let us know you are coming next time. I told the State Highway Patrol to close their eyes and hold their hand over the radar gun all year long when you come through. :lol: :lol: :lol:
So THAT explains it.......Now I understand why the State Patrol would get out of their cars and face away from me when I passed by. Kind of like
Srg Shultz style " I See NOTHING !!! ". We had no problems sir. I have never exceeded the speed limits in Ohio as much as I did this trip. But no
trouble with the officers at all. From birth us Michiganders are taught to fear driving in (buckeye ville) Ohio. But now I have a "GET OUT OF JAIL" card
thanks to the Furry One.( at least for the rest of the year)

When I found myself in Cleveland, I thought Hmmm wonder how far I am from the jungle king ?? Not wanting to interrupt or through your day off, we decided to just sneak by & give ya a laugh. ( Ya should have seen me creepin up to the door, motor runnin, driver door open - then it fell off the handle so I had to re tie it, then run to the car. It's a wonder yer neighbors didn't call the cops? Then as we drove away LL though she saw Sharon driving home from work, so we hang a right and duck down in the car.)

Yes next time we will give a call, it's just that it came up spur of the moment. Kinda the way I live......Glad you two got a chuckle.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:13 pm

2 water trucks & 2 salesman's p.u.s in the books for today. Now I'm gonna' unload the bobcat soz' there's room on the trailer for a pallet of salt.
Salt is for the water softeners @ church. Gotta' pick up furnace filters also for our bi-annual furnace filter changing day (tomorrow). Church has 19 furnaces 4 of those are commercial units, so there's a pile o' filters to change.

Oh, ZAP if you are planning to come to 66 next weekend for the big show, I'll be there Friday afternoon, evening. I was talking with one of the salesmen that I lettered a p.u. for today. He has crewed on some of the big names in drag racing in the past. Pro Stock & Fuel cars. We swapped numbers & he said a friend of his is sponsoring a top fueler. Didn't know the name of the car but the sponsor is an implement dealer I think he said. Anyway, he said he could get us in the pit tent. That would be cool.

Well I better head out & get done what I have to get done. I need to play catch up soz' I can take off Monday (4th) & next Friday afternoon. My boss is tough to work for. Then the week after that we go to Iowa with the Kids/Grandkids for the weekend, Another 2 days to make up, my boos is going to be double tough to work for.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:36 pm

Have a great weekend, everyone! Jason and I are bachelors for a week as Denise took a vanful of teacher's union members down to DC and will be staying there during the convention. Funny, I work about a block from the convention center so she and I will be physically closer each day this week then we ever are! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Beautiful weather here, & I love it. Have a SAFE & GREAT holiday weekend folks. And Happy Canada Day Boyd & Sue.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:40 am

Yes, Happy Canada day, of 1867, to our brothers/sisters of the north.

If you are traveling this weekend be safe and return to us next week. We are getting everything out for the 4th party as we have guests coming in today for the weekend. Eat like a Gorilli this weekend as I will. :lol: :lol: :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:38 am

Have a safe and fun weekend, everyone!

And sorry I forgot to wish Boyd and Susan Happy Canada Day!

Sunny here and 72, so time for a walk! bp
Bill Pratt

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:49 am

Good Morning, Canada Day was low key with the Wylie's. We went to a car show. Then back home. Overcast 15c

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Sounds like a good way to spend the day! I just found out (via Facebook) that I have a local farm one mile away from me that sells grass-fed beef and pork, plus all sorts of fresh veggies and fruits. I've only lived here since 1994! Clearly, they need to do a better job of advertising, but I'm glad I finally found them. They are literally halfway home on my 3-mile jaunt from the bus lot. Just stocked up on our 4th of July cookout fixins'! bp

Bill Pratt

Return to “What's Up”