First Driving Experience

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:18 pm

Very true, T. Rapid could have just let that guy burn up his truck. That was a very good thing you did, Rapid. If I tried something like that in Houston, the guy would shoot me if I started trying to get him to pull over...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Iowa Al

Re: First Driving Experience

Postby Iowa Al » Wed May 19, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm so old, I think my first drive was a horse and buggy. I just don't remember my first drive, but right across the street from us is a girl who is going to be 16 on May 30. Her folks bought her a used car about 4 weeks ago and we have been watching her move it from one side of the drive to the other, or out to the curb in the street and back. She gave our dog a ride from in the garage to the sidewalk, about 75 feet. So funny!
IA AL

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed May 19, 2010 7:33 pm

It was fun to read all these.Wow have a lot of members gone from here

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu May 20, 2010 12:00 pm

:D time flys
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Thu May 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Just noticed this thread myself for the first time. Interesting stuff indeed. I learned to drive at ten years old on a 1949 Massey Harris Pony tractor and graduated to my uncle's woods truck (1950 Chev) within a few months. Drove that sucker 5 or 6 miles from his house to his woodlot and back every fall for a month or two while him and Dad loaded and unloaded it. We did that for years until he bought himself a big tractor. First car I ever drove was Dad's brand new 1962 Pontiac a week after he bought it(I was 13).

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu May 20, 2010 3:07 pm

My step daughter "tried" to let my son drive her small suv last weekend...he took out two mail boxes and a small tree in the process :shock: :shock: ....and to think I had contemplated letting him warm Peggy up around the pits :shock: :shock: :shock: ....ummm...THAT ain't gonna happen :roll:

Besides...he can't fit in Peggy (it was built for me; 5'-10" 150 to 160 lbs...He's 6'-2" nearly 240)...Only thing he'll be drivin is them Hush Puppies on his feet :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Mrs. Stimpy

Postby Mrs. Stimpy » Fri May 21, 2010 2:46 am

Besides...he can't fit in Peggy (it was built for me; 5'-10" 150 to 160 lbs...He's 6'-2" nearly 240)...Only thing he'll be drivin is them Hush Puppies on his feet :wink:
I guess a test pass is out of the picture for me too????? ... 6'4" 280 . :roll: PRoz, can you make me a car stretcher ?????

I haven't been driving for the last few months laid up with this bum shoulder the only thing I am driving other than my P/u is a screwgun and a drywall trowel ... I am considering on hanging up the keys after 2.5 million miles and try for a desk job in safety full time .

Return to “What's Up”