First Driving Experience

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 am

I'm pretty sure I drove home from the hospital when I was born, can't remember though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:13 am

:lol: :lol: ^ It is Kansas Lippy, when you were born you were already 20-years behind,,,driving at 20 years old,,,,isn't any real trick mister! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Funny, how all the fun, inventive stuff we did,,,,required expaining to somebody shortly after the mission was accomplished. :roll: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:43 am

Your right Randy, cept for the 20 yr old Kansas stuff, :roll: I can't really remember the first time I drove something. I remember a lot after, :lol: But I don't know why driving the first time escapes my memory. I know it wasn't in IOWA though, cause I'd remember those bumpy a#$ roads. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:58 pm

I remember the first time I drove. Got a knot on my head. :shock:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:49 pm

I'll take those bumpy roads over the drainage ditches of the kankakee valley in Indiana they put them on both sides of the road and they where 12' deep ( the water was ussually about 2 feet deep in the sandy bottom ) and when you cut a corner short with a semi trailer it kind of gets interesting ( I almost ripped the bottom out of the drop hopper full of corn one time )
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:57 pm

Speaking of a corn hauler. We have tons of them moving around now around here.

This morning I was a few miles out of town and I started smelling brake dust. I check my gauges, and test my brakes,,nope not my car. I look ahead and I am about 4-cars back from a semi-tractor trailer. It keeps getting stronger and I am sure it is from the semi.

I can't get up close to him on the 2-lane road, with the cars between us. About 4-miles further, we come to the Interstate, I thought maybe the guy was just trying to get back home from our co-op. Nope, he turns onto the interstate also. I let the other cars pass him, I pulled up beside him and motion him over. We pull off in the rest area a mile or so up the road.

He didn't know he had a problem. He thought maybe he had kicked up a rock and I wanted his info. Nope, I said, "I was just trying to keep you from ruining a bunch of expensive brake parts!"

Never a dull moment in Iowa!! 8) :lol:
NITRO PILOT

Andamo

First drive

Postby Andamo » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:09 pm

I can remember my first drive very well. I turned 16 in December of 1960 and the day my learners permit came I asked my Dad if we could go out driving. He had a '54 Ford Ranch Wagon, green and white with whitewalls. So I'm doing fine driving around town because that's where I grew up. We drove down to the next town and I was coming up this one narrow street and there was another car coming down the opposite way. So I moved over closer to the curb and dammed if I didn't hook one of my Dad's curb feelers ( remember them ? ) onto a street sign. It stretched that thing out to about 3 feet long and I thought the whole side of the car was gone ! We stopped and took it off and Pap was mad at me. By the time we got back home and no real damage was done, he was laughing about it.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:36 pm

Randy,I thought at first your concern was for the corn he was hauling :lol:

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:24 pm

Randy,I thought at first your concern was for the corn he was hauling :lol:
If I hadn't got him stopped, he would have been hauling a load of "Pop" corn not seed corn!! It was really close to catching on fire when we looked it over.

Then since the brake lining was smoking, ready to catch fire,,,,guess what I smelled like all day!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:00 pm

kidding aside it what a good call on your part

Return to “What's Up”