What's for Christmas

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:21 pm

Yikes! Cool engine! That was the one Prudhomme ran the 7.77 with back when 7's were science fiction! I always liked the scoop on that motor. It was the signature piece of that car to my eye. Is that the engine that started out in a boat? Seems like KB originally had a Marine deal with Chrysler but he believed he could develop more in less time if he put his stuff in dragsters? In spring of '66, I walked up to the Hawaiian between rounds at a meet in Houston. Mike Snively was driving the car by then, Snake had gone on to do his own thing. The Surfers were also there...I walked up to the car and I was surprised to read "Chrysler Marine" on the chromed valve covers. KB was still wrenching for Leong at that time. I later read that he was supposed to be doing R&D for drag boats but this is how he R&D'd...Now, as for this guy with all the stuff...he's got it bad, man...real bad...I want one of those early 60s T-Birds. The Hard Rock Cafe here had one up on a pole in front of the place and I considered it blasphemy. Those cars are so cool. Now, I don't mean to be skeptical about all that stuff, but how much of it do ya think is salvageable, like those motors...probably most of it...heck, I'm just glad he's got it instead of it all going to the crusher, ya know. Wheelz would run out of room pretty quick with all our stuff there on top of this...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:19 pm

Sweet deal Lippy!!

Wheelz, I am with ya. I don't know how much of that stuff would be worth anything,,,but stuff like it on ebay goes for a bunch! :wink:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:49 am

Like Randy, I got a new Toy, but have to wait until January 15th, for her to arrive. :lol: Here's my Lady in Red. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:57 am

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

morebetter99

Postby morebetter99 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:22 am

I took a little road trip to San Diego to be with family...I am wishin' that a few thousand of the folks that passed me on the road will take notice of the sticker on my rear glass and log on and take a look around... :D :D :D

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:00 am

Mr. Jean,

That is a beauty!!! You are a lucky guy. 8)

Pete, if the SW membership grows suddenly,,,,we can know they read it! 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:53 pm

got clothes from the missus , and my boss bought my kirkey seat for the car ( christmas bonus) he asked me what I was doing with the money and told him I am buying a seat for my car ( got a odd look ) and I also bought some goodies (chrome) for the big truck which he owns .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Return to “What's Up”