WHAT DIDN'T I DO LAST WEEKEND ???

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy
WHAT DIDN'T I DO LAST WEEKEND ???

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:35 am

Zappy's first blog.
1) Fri. PM. we all meet at the hotel and go out to eat. They give us a room to our selvs. I get to meet more DL'rs, we have a great meal, lots of laughs.

2) After dinner some go to the track. I wanted to see how to get there + check out the track, so PRO-Z was kind enough to give me a lift. Nice track easy to get to. Im impressed. I get to meet more DL'rs. One gentelman comes up to me and asks me about the HHR. We talk for quite a while and discover we both love dragsters. After a while this man NORB say's I want to show you something. I said OK, and follow him to a trailer.

He opens the side door and I see a golf cart. I say cool I golf too. Norb says "NO-NO, look in and to the left. As I do he turns on the inside lights and WOW there sits the SWEEETEST little short wheelbase front motor blown digger you could ask for. (instantly I'm in love.) We step inside, look her over and talk some more. I told him I've driven both front and rear engine rails (love 'em both) but I've never sat behind a blower.

Norb tells me he's gonna cackle this car Sat. but before he does he's gonna find ME, and let me sit in the car. 8) 8) Well after the smelling salts woke me up, I thanked him and PRO-Z and I went back to the Hotel.

I made sure Norb had NO trouble finding me, caus he tripped over me leaving his room cause I slept on the floor, outside his door. :lol: :lol:

3) It's Sat. AM now and we're in the pits and Randy's Fiat pulls in. Several of us go over to help push the car into the pit area. We have plenty of people so after we back the car up, Randy says, "It would be easier if someone got inside to steer the car" Well before he could finish "if someone" ole ZAPSTER was up on the tire entering the car.
(my apology to the 3 guy's I mowed down)
So in the blink of an eye I find myself driving Randy's AA/FA into the pit space. ( WAY COOL ) 8) 8) (I'm in love)
OK,OK so it was people powered not horse powered BUT.....
I was IN the cockpit - steering - and the car was moving, so in my book I was driving it. So there. :lol: :wink:

4) Later that afternoon Norb say's "are you ready" I said HECK YES so I clime in the 327Cu.In. FED with a 6-71 on top. Norb hands me head phones and he fires her up. ( I'm really in love this time) 8) :lol:
We cackle the car about 3 minutes - everybody is taking pics- and when Norb gives me the signal, I shut her off - and the crowd CHEERS.
( Zappy's 15 Min. of fame. :lol: 8) :wink: )

5) Still later Sat. PM I get to match race my dear friend "Miss B. Haven" in her Mustang for the DLN ll Championship. Her crew chief Jerry was great. He dialed a 9.65 and she ran 9.66. outstanding.
Ole Zap dialed a 10.98 but ran an .08 over 11.06. I was there for the taking, but luckey for me Miss Haven had her worst RT of the day against me, and I had my best RT of the day. She came past me SO fast at the finish, I thought it was Rapid.

She was a very good sport and was at my window in the pits before I could get out, and she shook my hand, and congratulated me. VERY COOL GIRL 8) 8)

6) After the racing was done for the nite, we went to the motel and about 12 of us sat outside (twas a beautifull nite) talkin and laughing till about 2 AM. IT WAS PRICELESS.

7) Sun. AM a bunch had breakfast in the hotel together, and that was great. We talked some more - laughed some more - and then hit the road for home. :( :(

All the way home I had this SMILE on my face, because of the GREAT things that happened. My wife asked me after about 500miles, "Are you ever gonna stop smil'in"?? and I answered..."Honey, If I die tonight, it'll take a whole team of undertakers a week to get this smile off my face"

It was great to see old friends like Jerry, Cheryl, Gary, Randy, and Lippy, and SUPER to meet and spend time with , Novel-T, Eric, Mike, Mr. Pratt, Vic, Stimpy, Al, NORB,and all the wifes and kids.

Thank you one and ALL for making DLN's ll the great success that it was.
ZAPPY

(that's my story....and I'm stick'in to it. )

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:49 am

Super Report Zappy!! It was a great weekend!!! 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:53 am

Thanks Randy, I know I'll never forget it.
(I didn't get into your new PB, I figure that is for your report.) :wink: :wink:

Barb

Postby Barb » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:34 am

:lol: :lol: Zappy, ya better watch playin with Randy's Peanut Butter!! :P :P

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:12 am

Now Barb, you know I would NEVER do that......

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:52 am

Thanks, Zappy. Great report. It was super meeting you and your family. What a great kid Chris is. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:58 am

Thanks, Zappy. Great report. It was super meeting you and your family. What a great kid Chris is. bp
(shhhh, He may be reading this over my sholder...nope he's in bed)
Thanks BP, we think we'll keep him. Glad he wasn't any bother.

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:59 am

Great report Zappy. Thanks for sharing your great time. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:11 am

excellent.....
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”