Class reunion

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Class reunion

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:02 pm

We missed my 35th class reunion cuz' we went to TN instead. That's only the second 1 I've missed. The other "miss", we were moving into the house we live in now. I just got an email with pics. of the weekend. WOW, allot of those people really got old. I don't recognized most of em'. They aren't the clearest shots & my eyes ain't wut' they usta' B, but WOW. Ann E. Body else experience this phenomenon? What happened all of a sudden? :shock: :shock: :shock:

BTW: Everybody in my class is still alive and accounted for. It was a small class, but how amazing is that? 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:29 pm

Glad to hear you're all still around, ProZ, especially U. My 40th was this summer and I skipped it. I'd be unhappy if I went. I went to my 20th and felt pretty good afterwards but this time I just didn't want to go. Long boring story but I would be spending most of my time there answering everybody's questions about Sylvia, my beautiful sister. Back in Galveston, I'm known by everyone in town as "Sylvia's brother". "Hey! You're uh...you're Sylvia's brother! How's Sylvia doing?" She's doing fine by the way, she was just here for a wonderful visit a couple of weeks ago. My friends from high school have either died or disappeared (like I did). No problem. If I'd have "stayed there" I would never have done anything like what I ended up doing with my life. Galveston is its own little world, man...I'll shut up and enjoy the thread! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:05 pm

:oops: our 1975 class holds the record .... but i have never been to reunion... recently via myspace i have SEEN some folks from my school.. jeeez it is sad for sure.... goes both ways i guess :P ... maybee i'll try to hit one in 2010 iffin' i'm still kickin :?:
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Greg Green

Postby Greg Green » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:53 pm

I'm with you Pro..I can't believe what happened to all the people in my class. Them people are OLD! Must be the racing that keeps us young..ya think? lol

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:25 pm

it deals with Einsteins theory or is that the Dick Clark theory ?? the close to the speed of light we get the slower we will age !

I don't get invites to my class reunuion I am listed as being dead ..
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:37 am

DLN III is the only reunion I'm lookin forward to. 8) :wink:

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:09 am

speakin of which UNca BILL !!!!! have we decided a date that I have to try to find a car by yet???? I want that Huge Trophy that Zappy has!!! :lol: :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:23 am

Gotta check with Gerald to see when Pella is having that big car show. We are going to try to combine the 350 car classic car show with the DLNs next year... probably July 11, but confirming... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:39 am

Thanks !

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:17 am

In 2006 we went to a 1966 class reunion. I couldn't believe how much some people changed in 40 years. Some of them even look like their parents did back then. The rest I wouldn't know if I tripped over them but they'e mostly the ones that moved away right after high school.

I did discover that everyone seemed to remember me. Not surprising since I've had a full beard and a ponytail since the late 1960's - it's just white now. The fact I'm still wearing blue jeans and a "Racecar Tshirt" everywhere I go could have something to do with it also. Maybe a lot of them remember the burnouts in the parking lot or how that old FE 352 in my 1959 Ford sounded through "straight pipes" LOL.

The scary part is how many of them are gone now. Far too many from cancer, a couple from accidents and a couple that were victims of their lifestyles.

The rest did very well for themselves - We have lawyers, writers, teachers, nurses, small business owners, etc(mostly the girls). A few of the guys in my class took over their dad's lobster licenses and are still doing well. The ones that worked in construction are either retired or working in Alberta's petroleum industry. I'm the only one obsessed with Drag Racing.

Return to “What's Up”