Laura the Cam Killer!!!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:49 am

8)
www.wallybell.com

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:20 pm

Shoulda' just put a str8 ahead engine in there instead of that sidways 1. :D
:D :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:46 am

Fri nite, plotting out where everything needs to go. I am at the stage where it was taken apart from the mech shop who discovered the broken camshaft. I have no idea what goes where. It is just a look, see, test wires this way and that way to see how it fits together.

I have everything all scammed out,,,,,,except 1-vac line port. It has a 90' rubber fitting on it, but no hose to connect to it anywhere. I finally give up around my usual midnight and go home. Unable to solve the last piece of the puzzle. Of course this is the 1st piece that needs to go back on the car to reinstall the rest of the stuff. No way to skip over it and come back later. There would be no way to reach it later.
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:02 pm

Saturday Morning, Went and started the race car to verify it is ready to go. Checked timing, and ran thru the gears. Good to Go!

I called the mech shop, found out the additional line is a purge port. There is no lines going to it.

I went to the shop, spent all day putting the everything back in order. I got it all hooked up. Added fluids, hit the key,,,,,,no start.

It turns over, but won't start. I check all connections, pull a plug. It is getting spark. I pulled the fuel lines off. NO FUEL!!! :evil: I checked relays, fuses. I tried the remote starter, by disconnecting it. Wondering if it was somehow to blame. NOTHING!! :evil: :evil:

I spent the next few hours exhausting my rather limited now-how on these late model beasts. I finally just gave up around 7PM and went home. Of course it ate at me all nite Sat, and Sunday.

Monday Morning, I had the bright idea of asking if the original mech had disconnected the fuel pump while spinning it for oil pressure when he had it at his shop.

Success, yes he did. It was disconnected back at the fuel tank!!! I plugged it in, and checked, we now have fuel to the engine!!! :D

I hope tonite to be the final saga on the Camshaft that wore out ol' Rapid!
NITRO PILOT

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:11 pm

Randy, I feel for ya bud, hopefully this car will give in soon! I'm sure a lot of us have been in your situation, hard part is over, tell Laura I said she should bake ya a cake. Wait......NO CAKE! :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:51 pm

Did sumbudie' say C-A-K-E ??? Happy B'Day Randy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:18 pm

Why thank you!! Sure I will have some cake!! Thought you would never ask!! :lol:
NITRO PILOT

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:46 pm

8) I HAVE LEFTOVER cheescake and a half can of pink coolwhip.. man i think my arteries a slowing down the flow of the important stuff :shock: also have a large chunk of ham to get thru this week !! might not make it till the weekend :?

flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:30 pm

cheesecake is my very favorite food, just saw eddie rodgers' car on random rods, how cool is that, a car i painted on random rods, wow!~

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:37 am

Cool deal Hillbilly!! Congrats :)

Man, it just never ends. Car started and running last nite. It has a miss in it. I don't know if it is plug wire, or fuel injector. What really sucks is not being sharp enough on these new ones to know what to do. I have no test equipment. It has the service engine light on the dash. So if you had one of the scanners, I think it would tell you what to look for.

I have 1-guy stopping over today. Then I guess it is off to a real mech shop to decifer and cure it's problem. I just want the nitemare to end!! :evil:
NITRO PILOT

Return to “What's Up”