World Series Photo's

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:16 pm

i know exactly what ya mean, agree with ya 110%. the only people that should be there (known by common sense) is the primary crew with the cars involved, parametics/safety crew, and track officials. we stayed back at the staging lanes and starting line area. Closest i got was 200 ft from the starting line jus to check the track out. After seeing how narrow the groove was and how bad traction was in the groove we decided that if the race was to continue, we were just going to stage the car, cut the light and abort. i guess they said they flipped a coin to deside if the frantic 14 or the supercomp class was running first. guess i got lucky that way. Hope to see the guys that wrecked out again real soon!
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:22 pm

also appologies for the tire rubber head to toe :oops:
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:34 pm

Shane great pics!!..glad to finally meet ya!!....i didn't get to see too many people......jared was pitted across from us but they always looked pretty busy so i didn't go over to bother em!!........ also congrats to rapid randy.GREAT RUNS!!!.!!........I know what ya mean about the wreck.we we right at the finish line and saw it all.and boy were there some drunk ass people there!!.......luckily no one got hurt.coulda been a BAD ONE!!.........it was actually two wrecks.Ed Bousman was running Chris(I think??) Lamont Ed's vette drifted to the center line.but Ed has been know to do that........then he lost it.the car got wayy outa shape but he pretty much Had it saved and Lamont all of the sudden lost his dragster it went over and was head to the guardrail which was gonna be bad but ed Hit him and it actually looked as though it shoved the car back away from that wall hitting the other...all the while the vette was against the wall.........Lamont said he saw wall and shut his eyes and hung on..........waiting for the big hit........when ed hit him and it went the other way landing upright.he got out and looked as though he fell on the track.but he was there to day and was alright!!.thank GOD!!! ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

1800Eric

Postby 1800Eric » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Was an awesome event and fun for almost all...Too bad for the wrecked cars, just thank goodness both drivers are alright...Here are some more pictures from the weekend and I should have some cool video clips up later...

Photo Gallery
Eric Boyungs
[url=http://www.1800-entertainment.com]1800-Entertainment: Nothin' But Action[/url]

Eric David Bru

Re: World Series Photo's

Postby Eric David Bru » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:19 pm

Was great hanging out with ya again Eric. Hopefully next time I can actully see your car...This eric guy was working on about 3 or 4 diff Nitro cars friday..lol

Here are some pics the wife and I took...

http://www.dragsim.com/Cordova
You too Shane! I had a great time!

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:30 pm

Great photos like always guys!! You do awsome work!!! I love all the pits shots the best. 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Shane Boyungs

Postby Shane Boyungs » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:43 pm

you can tell in this pic Jared is having fun in the burnout..lol

RickO

Postby RickO » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:27 am

Great photos! Glad the bad weather stayed away abit so the event could go on.
RO
Texas Yankee

Iowa Al

Cordova

Postby Iowa Al » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Great shots Shane!
Thanks for all the work you and Nikkie did.
IA Al

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:10 pm

hey almost forgot in that one shot i do look a little skinnier...I am down to 278 from 318 in april.but damned I need a haircut!!!.....I look like crusty the clown without a hat LOL!!......BTW the big guy leaning on the passenger door is my dad , the short woman in front of the drivers door is my Loving wife summer..my hippy father inlaw was MIA he went to joliet to help with a vintage porshe road racer....anyway i would like to say without those people and my Mom I'd never be able to do this........ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

Return to “What's Up”