My world series................

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Big Erik
My world series................

Postby Big Erik » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:11 pm

Guys,
My world series was kinda good and kinda bad..........I went to the 4th round on friday in the high roller.........the car was pretty consistant.... it was just me and my Wife Summer as my dad had to work and he "hates bracket racing".(we won;t go there lol!!)......anyway I ran it on motor no nitrous.it went 8.50 off the trailer, then 8.49 my lights were horrible though.........003 red first run then .063 second.not stellar..we dialed it 8.48 for round one .they are in a hurry hoping it will not rain I get to the lanes and theya re pairing us up and pulling us out!! so i hurry and get ready i drew Dave Koppes in his blown dragster he runs 6.80's or so.......I have a .049 light to his .040 I knew I had not ecactly mowed the tree down and was waitng for him to fly around at the stripe he never did I went 8.49 on the 8.48 and he went 6.99 on a 6.87 dial........COOL my first ever round win at the world series!!...round two keep the dial at 8.48.....this time I get frank Spittle.another "hitter"......I went .038 on the tree to his .047.I went 8.50........he broke out.....another win!!........third round i get Jeremy Bousman Ed's boy...I went .025 on the tree to his .023 this was a close one..... I kept the dial at 8.48.and won with an 8.52 to his two off 9.48 and it was that close........next round I got dan Beale he's a local and he's good......he strapped a .009 light on my .030 and that was it.the car spun a little and I had to drive it a little and wetn 8.54 on an 8.49 dial..........he went dead on!!..........great day!!!......saturday was not as fun.........now first off the friday show was a good one and they ran it well so it wouldn';t rain on us.saturday was more 'typical" of a WS show.it went slow......dad and I hopped up the nitrous trying to go faster.well it didn't work too well.the car left hard but didn't really run any better than the other setup....... and in high gear it either spun the tires or went through the clutch........I have had at least one run that does this for the last couple weeks.........and only at Cordova.i think it is hitting the tires down there but??....the clutch is always fine and works the rest of theday ,my experiance with sliding the clutch is if you leg it through (like I did trying to qualify).the next pass it won't get off the starting line.this never happens??..........anyway at this point i am #10 with 14 cars going for 7 spots.and 4 fast cars didn't get down the track........it went 7.95.......the bump was 7.76..........so we decide to go back to the old setup......next run it goes right down the track, and runs 7.93 which is a good run for the weather we have..........well I know I am in the "B" field.no biggie last year they ran us right after the "A" show went.....this year we sat in the pits til 10 pm for 1st round.only 5 of us showed .and it was already getting wet out!!.....well I launch the car have a terrible .063 light pull second and theres nothing there..........the lenco lost all the shift pressure.i have not unloaded it yet to see whats what.........I have rolled a sprague in it before but it doesn't act l;ike anything like that I hope the shift plate rollers or tower broke or??........I have another newer lenco for the car..I need to change the low gear ratio in it.but thats gonna go in the car and the old one will get fixed for a spare......... the good news is it still has low gear and reverse.so it can't be to catastrophic??........relly dunno what went down yet........dad also swears he heard it "whisping" when i turnend it over to startit??........it was running fine and wasn't missing i dunno what thats about he thinks i am dropping a cylinder......but in the pits he didn;t hear it so we gotta look at that........all in all it was a long day yesterday........and IMO the fuel altereds and the nostalgia funnies were the best show!!!........Del and crew didn't impress me too much........last year the pedregon's went fast but this year the CSK guys made the runs but they didn't step on em too much.......oh well.we waited to see the finals of the frantic 14 as my buddy Don Speer was in the final against Jared.the battle of the blower cars.it had the makings of a killer race!!........also my new buddy Dan wilson from Missouri was to be in the final of the door car side as dave keeling won the 1/4 final round when he broke his 5 speed and Dave river blasted outthe back door and broke out..so wilson woulda had a bye in to the final ........after Bousman and Lamont crashed that was it.and boy was it WET!!!.........anyway it was nice t meet Shane and I wanted to go see jared as they were pitted across from us but they always lookd too busy!!..same for Rapid i didn't wanna bother anybody..........sorry so long this is so long...ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:20 pm

8) great reporting !!
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Shane Boyungs

Postby Shane Boyungs » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Erik you gotta do what I do at Randy's... Just walk in pull up a chair and hang out.....They arent really busy they just take stuff apart to look like there doing something..lol

We got one or two of your runs on video.. Sorry i didnt stick around to bs anymore but you looked busy and i didnt want to bother you...Thanks for clearing up what happened on the wreck ..I had heard prolly 10 diff versions on what happened...

1800Eric

Postby 1800Eric » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:59 pm

BTW I was standing next to shane when he introduced himself to you...The tall skinny guy...lol
Eric Boyungs
[url=http://www.1800-entertainment.com]1800-Entertainment: Nothin' But Action[/url]

jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:51 pm

i was hoping to run into ya thoughout the day also. Seems like anything and everything was happening to the car. First the plug wires for the left bank got caught in the blower belt when the chutes opened up. 2nd round burst panel at 1000 ft let go. (wierdest sound i ever heard from 8400 rpm) bout the only time everything went right was after 1st round when he had 2 1/2 hr wait or whatever it was. will ya be head'n back to eddyville anytime soon? we got to match race a top alcohol dragster for the labor day show this saturday. we're putting out BIG supercharger on. (16-71) i'd like to shoot for 3.70's if dad'll give me the tune up for it
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

RH

Postby RH » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:23 pm

B.E.
Thanks for the great report 8)
Get that tranny done so you can keep 'em coming :wink:

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:56 pm

Great Report!! Thanks for filling us in on all the info. I saw your car go by a time or 2, and once on the track. Congrats on the round wins.

I only saw Jared and Bruce once, they were pulling up in the lanes. I hate that part about racing, everyone is busy working on the cars, and no time to chat.

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:53 pm

Great report, Erik. Congrats on the late finish! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:01 am

Congrats Big E. Sorry bout the trans though. Ya did good!! I missed a good one sounds like. :( Next year we'll be there, A/F. 8)
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:59 am

8) 8) 8) 8) Cool Deal 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Return to “What's Up”