Accident at World Series?

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
Accident at World Series?

Postby animal jim » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:19 pm

As we pulled out of Cordova Dragway at 1 AM Sunday, we heard Bret say something about 2 cars crashing at top end. Then a few miutes later down the road we met two ambulances screaming that direction.
:?
Anyone Know?? :?:
It has been quite a ride!

1800Eric

Postby 1800Eric » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:33 pm

I fail to remember the specifics, however I know it was posted in this post...

http://draglist.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2033&start=0
Eric Boyungs
[url=http://www.1800-entertainment.com]1800-Entertainment: Nothin' But Action[/url]

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:34 pm

yeah, after the show was over they tried to run the rest of the show the super comp guys were first out.the track was WET......lotsa dew.Ed Bousman and Chris Lamont both crashed.same race and kinda separate incedents.ed's 63 vette got outa shape at the 1000' mark or so(right where we were standing), and he got way close to lamonts dragster but gathered it up pretty much then all of t he sudden in the lights Lamont's car got bad loose he said he almost had it saved and the back end came right around on him.he tumbled and was heading to the other lane sideways right at the wall front first, ed who was dodging parts hit the dragster and spun it around which actually probably saved a worse ride as Lamont said he closed his eyes and hung on waiting to tumble through the armco his car spun back to the other wall and came to rest back in the other lane right side up.while ed hit the wall and slid to a stop in his lane.Ed was right out of the car instantly, as was lamont lamont then went to his knees they took him out in the ambulance but he was alright and back at the track yesterday ed refused treatment.and if ay know ed.he's a tough SOB.......they were both okay thank GOD!! theres talk of finally putting i concrete walls and I hope they do I have seen two really bad crashes where the driver didn't walk away here and this one coulda been alot worse......if Ed hadn't gotten outa shape he'd have been goin alot faster when he hit the other car, and also if he had hit the car and redirected it it would surely went over the rail head on...........after that they decided to shut em off for the day..........ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:45 pm

.......they were both okay thank GOD!! theres talk of finally putting i concrete walls and I hope they do I have seen two really bad crashes where the driver didn't walk away here and this one coulda been alot worse......if Ed hadn't gotten outa shape he'd have been goin alot faster when he hit the other car, and also if he had hit the car and redirected it it would surely went over the rail head on...........after that they decided to shut em off for the day..........ERIK
Glad to hear that they were OK!

When we had the Nitemare in the staging lanes and in the burnout box there was dew settling on the wings!! :shock:

I was pretty nervous about the track... but it held. The accident was after our run.

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:05 pm

Our last run was at 11pm, it was getting iffy at that point. Some cars hauled ass, some didn't make it down the track.
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Return to “What's Up”