NFL 2007-2008 Season

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
WildcatOne
NFL 2007-2008 Season

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:33 pm

Somewhere, Gator asked me, "How 'bout those Texans, 'Cat?" I couldn't find the post, but I'll start this thread with this post...right now this town is going crazy over the Texans. We're all in agreement about why they are 2-0 and confident about the Colts coming in tomorrow...there are 3 reasons. The coach and his system, and the quarterback. Kubiak's idea is to build the team from the bottom up from a defensive angle. Everybody booed him and the front office when they passed up Vince Young and Reggie Bush last year to pick Mario Williams with the #1 pick overall. Mario came in hurt and not healthy and he had a lousy first year, but this year he's been defensive player of the week, (sacks, tackles, scored a touchdown on a turnover, etc...) he is double-teamed, and it frees up the other guys to make big plays. He was on the Jim Rome show this week and he pointed out Matt Schaub as the biggest reason the Texans are doing so well. He said Matt is the general of their troops, he is in command and he has them rallying around him. His leadership skills as well as his instincts and quick release in the pocket has made the often-maligned offensive line (all 5 starters are still there from years past) look like a whole new pro-bowl-caliber group...the Texans have scored 54 points in their first 2 games. That's probably more than their last 2 seasons combined...we got an INCREDIBLE deal on Matt Schaub. Andre Johnson is out for Sunday with a knee sprain. Jacoby Jones is replacing him at wideout. The Texans believe they can win this game. It's building up as the biggest game of the season. Should be a fun deal! Life is good in Houston...WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Bob Kraemer

Postby Bob Kraemer » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:42 pm

Cool deal WC 8)
I sure hope they do better than the Bengals last week in there loss to the Browns. :evil:
The Browns have a rookie QB and our defense failed to put him on his ass at least once. :evil: :shock: :?
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

Grabber1

Postby Grabber1 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:15 pm

Here in St. Louis things aren't looking good for the Rams. According to the media here the game Sunday against Tampa Bay is a must win or the season is over. It would drop the Rams to 0-3 with them having to travel to Dallas next week to face the mighty Cowboys. Is Tony Romo for real? The biggest problem the Rams have is their offensive line. They lost their best lineman in Pro Bowler Orlando Pace right off the bat in their opener. Last week QB Mark Bulger was sacked 6 times and knocked down and hurried almost every other time he passed. He hung in there and finished the game but had sore ribs for his effort. RB Steven Jackson hasn't got going either. Part of it is the line play, but some can also be attributed to his lack of preseason play. Coach Scott Linehan made the decision not to play Jackson in the preseason, He only touched the ball twice, and both of them were on catches in the first preseason game. He did not have one rushing attempt! Linehan said he gets hit enough in practice and didn't want him to get hurt. So what happens, Jackson goes out and fumbles twice in the first game after hits. Practice does not equal game hits! What makes this worse is I have both Bulger and Jackson in my fantasy league :oops: The Rams also can't score in the red zone. One of the coaches was asked why and he said "It's hard to score once you are in the red zone" :? Other teams do it last time I looked. Right now St. Louis isn't real fired up about the Rams, A 8-8 record would probably be good. :P
At my age getting lucky means finding my car in the parking lot!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:36 am

:oops: great post Mike.. i've heard of some folks wanting to trade season tickets for the upcomming Hanna Montana show at the dome :P
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:23 pm

Great game for both teams...a turnover here, a busted play there, maybe we could have pulled ahead late...but Indy is who we THOUGHT they were! They're a great team, running like a precision engine. We gave 'em fits but they took the deserved win, 30-24. No sour grapes from me, it was a hard-fought game and the better team won. We made mistakes. Life is still good for the Texans. We should be 4-1 in a couple of weeks...prayers go out to Cedric Killings, a backup defensive tackle who was seriously injured on a kickoff return. He was carried off on a stretcher, still awaiting word on his situation. Good luck to all, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Grabber1

Postby Grabber1 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:11 pm

At least the Texans showed up. The Rams had no offense, no defense, and the special teams weren't so special. The 1st half was close as Tampa Bay lead 3-0 at halftime, but the 2nd half wasn't as Tampa Bay won 24-3. Bulger threw 3 interceptions and looked terrible. They had trouble scoring in the red zone again and the offensive line lost another starter to injury. They play Dallas next week, tonight ought to be a good game to watch between the Cowboys and the Bears.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:56 pm

Bears / Cowboys tonight. Being good on paper isn't transferring to the game so far for the bears. :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:08 pm

BRETT FAVRE...Another Clinic today, Tied for most TD passes now..and at age 37...2nd only to Peyton (in my opinion) now..and #1 alltime
Texans look good 'Cat!
www.wallybell.com

Jim Kalb

Postby Jim Kalb » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:08 am

DALLAS all the way this year. :D :D :D
Alky is not just for drinking. Official D.L.C.M.

Grabber1

Postby Grabber1 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:38 pm

Rams go from bad to worse. Just heard Steven Jackson out for Dallas game Sunday with pulled groin and Mark Bulger has broken ribs, didn't hear how long he'll be out. Cowboys look good :D

Return to “What's Up”