KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Postby animal jim » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:53 pm

:roll: I try to get people, especially Street Machiners and Bracket Racers to try to keep it simple.

The more exotic the equipment-the more expensive, inconsistent and user un-friendly the machine becomes. :wink:

Here is an example: :shock:
Why do bracket racers who run Super Pro want to run in the 9s when 10:50 will get the job done. :?: After 9.99 they have to get the car's chassis certified, get a license, gloves, SFI flexplate shield, neck collar(collar is good idea anytime) roll cage vs roll bar, window net (net is good anytime also). Lot of extra expense. :o

Roller Cams are another issue. I have clients right now that have run great in PRO for years at mid 11s with a heavy cars using my basic 600 HP common sense "Animal Engines" with a solid flat tappet cam and factory stroke. Now they want to go to a roller cam and strokers. Not only does the cam cost more-so does the hardware. :roll: And still run PRO :?: :idea: :roll:

Street guys are really hard to calm down. What in the hell are you going to do with 500 plus HP on the street anyway. :roll: Hell I get in enough trouble with my 400 HP 2005 GTO. :lol: The street guys just like the bragging rites of how big and how fast they speculate their car will go. Mostly they see how far and how long they can smoke their tires on our scenic IL. backroad black tops.. :lol:

:wink: I'll tell you what it is with serious bracket racers. And why they update their stuff to go quicker unnecessarily. They have this hidden desire to race heads up and push the envelope like Pro Stock and Alcohol racers. :wink: These are the tinkering guys that would be running Professional heads up if they could afford it. 8)

It is a shame there are not affordable (heads up/ run as hard as you can) classes for these type of guys. :?

I'm glad I got my heads up racing in during a time a person with lot of desire, some ability, hard work, sacrifice and a REASONABLE investment and a few sponsors could make a go of a professional class. At least in a circuit and match racing. :)

But that is all over now. :cry: To Race as a PRO today still takes desire, ability,hard work and sacrifice. But now the investment is not reasonable anymore. :cry: If it was-I would still be out there! 8) :idea: :!:
It has been quite a ride!

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:10 pm

Very wise sage advice Jim.
www.wallybell.com

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:18 pm

great read AJ Thanks...We have a friend who competes in pro/et with us. his old combo was a 455 olds in a heavy 74 cutlass and ran straight and true, won some events, allways went rounds and cashed running mid 10s at 118 or so. late last season he went to a 500 inch chevy hi-buck motor shooting for the 9 secand zone. now the car is a crash waiting to happen. if he manages to drive thru the chassis twist it can run 10 teens at 129 mph. every time he stages it's a whats gonna happen next deal.. all the consistincy of the car is gone, heading to the right wall every pass :roll:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:13 pm

fantastic advice, Jim. Can i publish this on the front page? bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”