last weekend of the year.maybe........

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Big Erik
last weekend of the year.maybe........

Postby Big Erik » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:34 am

guys,
well Saturday was the last outing for the C&C racing team for the year.I think.I might try and run the last Comp eliminator race at eddyville......it is a stick shift only deal they run........anyway, I wish i could say i went out with a bang but I didn't.........it was the last Frantic 14 event at cordova......they also had a 4000 to win bracket race and the group i used to run with the Ozark Mountain supershifters were there. thier race was sunday.well first qualifier i went 7.91 which was a great straight pass the track was great too.......but out of 9 cars i was #9!!!.the bump was 7.66!!.my heap wouldn'trun that if ya pushed it off a cliff.........oh well the #1 guy in points didn';t make the show either!!.........anyway there were 4 OMSS guys in the field......led by Dave Keeling's 07 GTO at a 6.99!! he's an OMSS guy!!.wow things have changed with those guys since last I ran with em 2 years ago!!.anyway.I went up for the second shot anyway and went a 7.92.so i got stuck in the 4k to win bracket fiesta extravaganza...........all 200 of us! :lol: I don;'t know how many there were but there were a TON!!..first round I dialed 7.89 went .006 on the tree.......and got beat!!.......I got a dragster and he was dialed soft.I got to the 1000' and looked for him he was just getting in my line of sight about the back of the door........i was gonna lift and maybe he'd think he was breaking out but/he was pulling up fast so i thought screw him and ran it out the back...went 7.87!! second fastest lap i ever made.and I went through the lights looking over my shoulder!!.he got there first and I watched later he was dialed about 2 tenths slower than the car will run.........and playing the stripe big time.........I HATE THAT!!........oh well I bought back in and rolled in too deep and when I left it was .013 red........ran a 7.89 but it woulda been a 7.87 I was in that deep.I knew it but it was too late.oh well........it was fun and the car flew so i am happy, I also have learned alot this year and hopefully dad and I will get the Stude goin so we can be in the FAST fields too.........Summer and I went out yesterday and watched my buddies in the OMSS........WR BUCK won the points which went down to the third round before it was decided, and he also won the race...............running 7.30's with his 68 camaro.......saw some old friends and had a good day.........ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:25 am

8) great report !
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

1800Eric

Postby 1800Eric » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:02 pm

Great Report Erik!...I will have some video up for ya as soon as I can find time to get it off the camera...
Eric Boyungs
[url=http://www.1800-entertainment.com]1800-Entertainment: Nothin' But Action[/url]

Iowa Al

Race Report

Postby Iowa Al » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:18 pm

Erik,
Great stuff. Really enjoy the reports
Look forward to seeing you more next year.
IA Al

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:35 pm

Eric always enjoy the reports. And good luck in that "STICK ONLY" race.
Ahh yes....the good old days.....

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Good report. Thanks 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:10 pm

8) 8) 8) Cool Deal 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

RH

Postby RH » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:41 am

Erik,congrats on the good #s.Those quick 8-16-32 shows are getting harder and harder to make.Seems like anymore every racer around has a car that goes a low 7 or quicker. Good luck on the eye deal. Think about how you can kill that tree when you can actually SEE the lights :wink:

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:40 pm

thanks guys yeah I always kid .when i built the original version of my 62 years ago.it ran 11.00's the first year then by the next season i stepped it up to run 10.70's which was still pretty good for a 3800 lb car with an old doug nash in it and a basically ls-7 crate motor.BUT all the "fast guys" were running in the low 9's or high 8's..........soooooo I stepped her up again running 9.60-9.70's with a g force tranny and the motor was now a 496 ........everyone else went just "that much faster too".........I put the stack injection on it and went to alky and went 9.50-9.30's on a good day.......started breaking transmisions.so i went ot the lenco in went consistant 9.30's.........then i blew up the "big" 496.......went to a cheapo 468 and it went as fast with that in it!!..that motor was just one of those that seamed to run hard for whatever reason.I blew that up after two years of thrashing it.....I bought a shafirhof 540...first pass out broke the center housing on the dana 60........it buried the right rear and pulled the left front 4 foot or so and went right to the wall I stayed with it (yeah should NOT HAVE) and still ran a 9.20 something!!.that was the last pass for the big car we chassied it over the next two years...to what it is now.anyway long sotry short every time I step it up it seems everyone else steps up a little more.......my wife calls it a big D&%$ contest :lol: .and well I guess it is sorta LOL!!........anyway I am more than happy with the way this thing runs.I have been told by alot of guys that there is no way my motor is really a 565.......or that the car can't be that heavy.it weighs 2925 with me in it and NHRA can testify to that as I had to weigh in at the divisional........anyway she's only ROCK N ROLL BUT I LIKE IT!! :D ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:48 pm

8) great reading once again
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Return to “What's Up”