Racing school

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
jed5161
Racing school

Postby jed5161 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:26 pm

GEEZ i was lookin up the cost of some of the "name" schools for top alcohol license, seems like they all like that 7000 dollar mark. One guy said he does it during the off season and between races during the season with his personal car for around 6500. Im really wanting to to go frank hawleys jus because i hear the nhra and the big wigs notice their recommendation of license application better then the rest. I know it cost alot to run those types of cars and knowlege is worth something but geez man, 7000 for 3 passes (upgrade). that aint even counting cost to get to the track in flordia or california that are the ONLY two they use.

HHHHMMM.....wonder if student loan company's would cover this haha!
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:26 am

Frank Hawley's program is awesome.
Charles Carpenter's son Michael is going there soon.
I know it's expensive, but also know it's a very valuable program....
Britt will pay for it 8) 8) 8)
www.wallybell.com

Jim Kalb

Re: Racing school

Postby Jim Kalb » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:16 am

GEEZ i was lookin up the cost of some of the "name" schools for top alcohol license, seems like they all like that 7000 dollar mark. One guy said he does it during the off season and between races during the season with his personal car for around 6500. Im really wanting to to go frank hawleys jus because i hear the nhra and the big wigs notice their recommendation of license application better then the rest. I know it cost alot to run those types of cars and knowlege is worth something but geez man, 7000 for 3 passes (upgrade). that aint even counting cost to get to the track in flordia or california that are the ONLY two they use.

HHHHMMM.....wonder if student loan company's would cover this haha!
yeah it's pretty spendey.i have a chance next year to get my lic in a alky dragster.the crew cheif on the funny car i work on own's it.
Alky is not just for drinking. Official D.L.C.M.

F/C Girl

Postby F/C Girl » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:58 pm

hmmmm, no comment, but I had to acknowledge that I read this.
Nancy Matter
Nancy Matter Racing, Inc.
http://www.nancymatterracing.com

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:45 pm

Nancy, it would be ok to post your thoughts here. Jared is good people. :D

Jared, Most of the people I hear going to frank's joint don't get their license the first visit. So plan on more than one trip to complete the license requirements.

I have heard nothing but good comments on learning from him though. Anybody who can drive for Austin Coil and survive must be ok at it. :lol: :lol:

Now I have to ask, why don't you guys build a Nostalgia Funnycar instead of a Pro-Mod. :D
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

F/C Girl

Postby F/C Girl » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:18 pm

Some of the psychology that Frank teaches is great.

However, with that said, he's a guy that likes deep pockets, a lot.

I went there when it was $5K and I'll tell ya, burned up 1 clutch disc and floater, and that was it, a little fuel a little oil, etc. I knew from the 2nd launch that I was going to get my own car. So I never went back. I started saving for my own deal. Was it worth the 5K, in some aspects, absolutely, but overall, there are other options available, just hard to find. And believe me when I tell you this, that car is NOT like driving a REAL Alky Flopper, it is a soft test car designed for all, not one.
Nancy Matter
Nancy Matter Racing, Inc.
http://www.nancymatterracing.com

Return to “What's Up”