Top Alcohol classes

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:02 am

Jared. I assumed you were just talking about the driving part, not the money. As far as being busy in the car I would say an alky funny is harder to drive than a nitro car. As long as everything in the nitro car is going according to plan!! Like Rapid always says...theres 100 ways to skin a cat and the cat he don't like none of them!!! Sorry cat. LOL :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:33 am

yea i'm just kinda looking at all my options. My ultimate all time goal has always been to run a nitro funny car. Just try'n to decide what way to approch it and make myself appealing to the nitro team owners. I know its hell of a long shot that anyone makes into professional nitro ranks so i'm not going to get my hopes up but may as well try to get there.

Thanks for everyones input and advice on this topic

Jared
TD/TS 5161
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

Iowa Al

Getting To Race Fuel

Postby Iowa Al » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:31 pm

The folks who are not lucky enought to be born with the name Lucas, Schumacher and such, seem to be getting to the drivers seat by starting as a crew person and paying dues and learning the sport from the bottom (as in diver)up. Larry Dixon and Mike Neff are two that come to mind at first. A young person with a lot of desire, who can pick up the skills and knowledge can still do it.
IA Al

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:14 pm

True, Iowa Al. One guy that came to mind with your post that wasn't handed the gig automatically is Brandon Bernstein. He was not given that ride free gratis...he had to spend a lot of time in the trenches. The first couple of years he was with that team, he was not allowed to so much as touch the car. He had to pay dues to get up to the level he's at. Some others were handed the gig right out of the box, but mostly it's work up to it, like you said. It appears to me that at least half of the people running at the top level of the sport, including crew chiefs, are second-generation drag racers. I haven't done a survey or made a list...hmmm...this being Drag LIST, maybe that's something I oughta do...Now back to Jed and the Top Alcohol Classes thread...Follow the path that is in front of you, Jed. Make the most of it. It will lead you to where you are trying to go...and like Yogi Berra said, when you come to a fork in the road, take it. Developing skill and ability towards being a nitro pilot will happen and you've already got more than most have in that respect because you know deep down that it's what you're supposed to do. Making it to the nitro ranks will be a sweet reward after working hard to get there. Take what opportunities you can, don't burn any bridges, and stay focused on that goal. Work hard. The day will come...WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:19 pm

OK, just a quick note...
All 4 Powerade champions at NHRA are 2nd generation drivers...
Tony Shcumacher, Tony Pedregon, Jeg Couglin and Matt Smith...
Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Yep, dues gotta be paid, even if it's the parents. Same thing happens out here. My young 'uns are going to have opportunities I didn't. That's the way it's supposed to work... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”