Nav. - GPS - Info needed.

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy

Postby Zappy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:01 pm

Thank-you Wheelz, I'll check it tomarrow. That Garmin site Mr. Jean gave me is great for compairison. Garmin has 20 modles to pick from, (sheesh)

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:51 am

Zappy, that's only the car models. They have for planes and boats too. :lol: Good luck on your choice. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:40 pm

Mr. Jean, I've got someone gonna take me to a Costco Thur. to check out that sale.

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:45 pm

I think your out of luck, call them first. Our store says they don't have them and their www.costco.com site was sold out of some models this week. :(
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:37 am

Thanks Jean, I'll give 'em a call first. (that's what I get for being too slow off the line) :lol: :lol:

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:04 pm

Mr. Jean, question please. Does your GARMIN have a volume control on the unit ?? (like a radio). Or do you have to hit menue / settings to to change the volume???

Zap

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Zappy, here's mine https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=6290
check out the specs section too. See if you want a fancier one, from the other link I gave you too.
The only external control, is on or off. Everything else is touch screen.
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks Jean. I tried out a Nextar, for a few days. I love these GPS units.
BUT I find the two things you use most often would be the volume and brightness.

The one I had was a PAIN, ya had to hit menue / settings / volume, then adjust it.

I did see a Garmin in Wall Mart the other day with a volume dial. But it wasn't the "flat " kind, the unit was kinda egg shaped. It must have been a plainer model. I don't care what shape - I just want ease of use.

I took the Nextar back. It's down to Garmin or Tom-Tom. Yer right, these things are cool.

Thanks again for your patience and help. I'll keep checkin.

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:09 pm

You're welcome Zappy. Just take your time and get what works for you. Prices are coming down while your testing them out. :wink: Good luck guy. :lol:
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Mr. Jean, up-date: I GOT IT Decided on the Garmin 260. Very simple to use (just what I need). The 350 is nice but I didn't need to hook a MP3 Player to it or make phone calls thru it.

These things are incredable, how do the do what they do, so fast and acturate. I missed a turn on purpose to see what happens. In seconds it re calculates a new route to get you to the same destination, without you touching anything. I LOVE IT

I've already programed : US 131 - RT.66 - National Trail - IRP - Bowling Green - and Bristol, into my "favorites".

Thank you sir for all your help.
the never to be lost Zapster :lol: :lol:

Return to “What's Up”