LQQK OUT ~~~~!!!!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:15 pm

At the top of my street there is a 4-way stop .. Mike has put up a satelite view before... the intersection is not square, a little offset.. on any friday or saturday night you will hear tires screeching as someone blows the stop as someone else is pulling out... a lot of close calls, if i here a crunch-bang boom i get up and walk outside in case someone is hurt.. :(

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:16 pm

There's 2 sets of train tracks about 2 blocks north of our house. Yesterday, somebody tried to cross ahead of a train. From what I heard he lived, car didn't. :oops: :oops: Had traffic messed up all mornin'. :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:24 pm

yep Gary.. we have those train crossing deals all the time.... I have no clue why anyone would try to beat a train.... stupid people in cars, and truck drivers that should know better.... common....

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:00 pm

Yea, we've got over 100 trains a day now. This car was hit in the front end, so he/she wasn't even close to makin' it across. Might have been the 'ol 2 train deal. I've seen a few kids on bike make that mistake. Train goes by.... they take off over the track not realizing there is a second train comin' from the other direction on the second set of tracks. I don't take any chances with the trains, they are bigger. :shock:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:02 pm

:shock: yep !! bigger wins....

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:23 pm

In my '73 Pinto Wagon
Chook-a-lac'n east on I-10 'round about 11:30 p.m.
Aprox 65/70 mph
Rain storm pops up...nutttin' unusual 'bout that...its North Florida in the early spring....
miles and miles and miles of forests and trees
then....
about a 40 acre plowed field....
wind gust broad sided me....(the trees had been keeping the winds to a minimum....
All four tires on the car were "may-pop" Onions.....
Wind blew me sideways until the driver's side tires made contact with the berm of the median....
and into a mid-air barrel roll I went......
a complete 360* flip and landed back on my tires (but further towards the middle of the median.... :shock:
I slipped and slid and fishtailed in the median for about a hundred yards
and I "think" I even got onto the hammer lane blacktop of the west bound traffic...(if I didn't...it wasn't from lack of trying......the Car...Not Me)
I got it back on the road in the proper direction and eased to a stop in the emergency lane, to check the situation (and to try to get my heart started again.....)
Everything in the backend of the car was jumbled up and scattered all over....but other than that...I (and the car) was fine.....
I pulled back out on the road and continued my journey....but at a MUCH slower pace.....well....at least till the rain stopped......
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:00 pm

:shock: dam good story :shock: This is a true low-speed deal.. Me and renter at the time were doing the normal lap to Mempis for the mid-south nats.. out of st.louis down I-55... we always crossed the Mississippi at the Dyersberg Tenn. deal ,then head south to the track..On one trip we crossed the river headed to Dyersberg and it had been raining hard . the pavement was higher than the land which was flooded.. It's 4 am and i'm drivin' the trusty rusty suburban and started to run over turtles,snakes,rabbits,.. all kinds of creatures that had found the road to be high ground ! the road was also under water and got above the doorsills of the suburban and water was coming into the truck.. the ex renter was sleeping in the back when i said WAKE UP YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!.. I felt real bad creeping along running over wildlife for a mile or so untill the elevation of the hi-way crested above the waterline.. slow and wierd.. but true story...

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon May 01, 2006 2:56 pm

some great new advertising by VW with real crashes ..

Return to “What's Up”