Ronnie Sox

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
Ronnie Sox

Postby animal jim » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:58 pm

:cry: I guess most know Ronnie Sox died sat. night. I heard about it while working at 66 yesterday. When I got home I had several E-mails. One was from Wally Bell of course and from the Sox e-mail.

It was an honor to race with Ron in Pro mod in the early 90s. He and I were also featured together at many Ford Events. Ron and the Pro Mod Comet and me with my Pro Mod Haas WunderBird Super Coupe. The last I can recall was Oct. 94 at Moroso's all Ford deal. As at many prior All Ford programs. The two of us were the feature deal. The next weekend Ron and I were booked to run at Jackson Dragway, SC. I think that was it for the Comet. In 95 He went with an IHRA Pro Stock car.

The last time I spent any time with him was in Dec. of 98. I went to Burlington,NC to Travers Webb's shop to look at the Comet (Webb actually owned that Comet) to possibly buy it. It was for sale. Ron and Travers both met me there.

It was a hard decision-but I instead went back to another ThunderBird Super Coupe. This time a McAmis car. Big mistake. I should have bought the Comet. I must have had my head up my ass! :?

Linda and I are very sad about Ronnie Sox. He was our friend. :cry: :cry:

You can see picture of Ron and I at Englishtown NJ having at it on my Career Gallery 6th. picture on page 6. www.animaljimracing.com
It has been quite a ride!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:13 pm

:( man i feel for you guys this week that knew him well....

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:02 pm

I've been Blue since the news.
God,I hate losing him.
Great message AJ.
It was an honor racing with Ronnie.
He,Strickler,Don Carlton and others are in heaven I'm sure......
www.wallybell.com

Gator

Re: Ronnie Sox

Postby Gator » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:49 am

:cry: I guess most know Ronnie Sox died sat. night. I heard about it while working at 66 yesterday. When I got home I had several E-mails. One was from Wally Bell of course and from the Sox e-mail.

It was an honor to race with Ron in Pro mod in the early 90s. He and I were also featured together at many Ford Events. Ron and the Pro Mod Comet and me with my Pro Mod Haas WunderBird Super Coupe. The last I can recall was Oct. 94 at Moroso's all Ford deal. As at many prior All Ford programs. The two of us were the feature deal. The next weekend Ron and I were booked to run at Jackson Dragway, SC. I think that was it for the Comet. In 95 He went with an IHRA Pro Stock car.

The last time I spent any time with him was in Dec. of 98. I went to Burlington,NC to Travers Webb's shop to look at the Comet (Webb actually owned that Comet) to possibly buy it. It was for sale. Ron and Travers both met me there.

It was a hard decision-but I instead went back to another ThunderBird Super Coupe. This time a McAmis car. Big mistake. I should have bought the Comet. I must have had my head up my ass! :?

You can see picture of Ron and I at Englishtown NJ having at it on my Career Gallery 6th. picture on page 6. www.animaljimracing.com
nice post Jim
this is tough.
www.wallybell.com

Bgreene

Postby Bgreene » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:02 am

Man this is bad news, this really sucks, I remember when I was young all the Sox and Martin cars I loved them so much I really think that is what hooked me on Drag Racing, then when I had gotten older I had the chance to meet my hero Mr.Sox at M.I.R. when he was driving the Comet Pro Mod we talked for about 20 to 30 minutes he was just awesome. He will be missed. My prayers go out to his family!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:16 pm

truly sad that we are losing so many Legends and Icons.....words fail to express my condolences to the family and friends of , "The Boss", Mr. Ronnie Sox.....R.I.P. Sir.
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Gator

Re: Ronnie Sox

Postby Gator » Wed May 03, 2006 7:14 am

BP posted Diane Sox' very moving letter in Lost Friends
Thanks Bill.
www.wallybell.com

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed May 03, 2006 8:19 am

Thanks Wally. The fact that we have three different threads about Ronnie on our little message board says something about his impact on us,,, bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun May 07, 2006 6:49 am

Ronnie's impact on ProMod was profound........
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”