"Nostalgia" Funny cars, Same Path as ProMod?

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Lippy

Postby Lippy » Tue May 16, 2006 10:31 pm

Heard the deal with Virgil, thought it came off very well! Bravo Virgil! :D
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

CH3NO2

3 types of drag fans

Postby CH3NO2 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:02 am

Here is another line of photos from Pomona for your enjoyment: http://www.pbase.com/cncphoto/good_guys_pomona_2006.

In over 40 years of enjoying drag racing including racing, shooting with my cameras, and spectating including bench racing I have come to the following conclusion about the fans.

There are 3 categories of drag race fans: bench racers which includes past participants who don't compete due to lack of funds or the time needed. This group is made up of individuals that are knowledgable with history, the rules, current affairs and are a real pleasure to spend time with.

The second group are the fence hangers. This group of people is mainly made up of people that come to the track to enjoy the sights, the sounds and the smells. These people have no interest in history, don't care nor do they profess to know the rules such as break outs, indexes, the first or worst rule etc., nor do they want to know - all they want to do for the day is have a great time.

The third group are the nose pickers which is where many of the other chat room folks originate. This group of people are those who have no life, most of their time is spent on complaining about what this guy did or did not do, why his/her tune up was wrong and generally how everybody is allowed to get over with something while they have to tow the line. These people could teach Tiger Woods how to play golf, Magic Johnson how to play basketball, Big Daddy how to build, tune and drive a T/F dragster. We all know or heard this group before, and all I can say is misery loves company and they belong in THOSE chat rooms.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Wed May 17, 2006 10:46 am

8) great shots CH.... and i agree with your fan descriptions.. exellent shot of the Jeff Gaynor car powerstand !!! nice work !! Iwill go back to your album as i see a lot of interesting stuff in there 8) thanks

CH3NO2

Postby CH3NO2 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:55 am

Thank you for the compliments Jim. Once in a while an old hack like me gets lucky with the camera.

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Wed May 17, 2006 10:59 am

Ha, ha,ha, lucky shots he says, .....your just good! Excellent shots!! Thankyou for putting them here for us to enjoy. :D
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed May 17, 2006 12:14 pm

Great shots, CH! I love the angle/perspective. Those are beautiful cars. Thanks for posting the link! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Wed May 17, 2006 12:20 pm

ch3no2, Great pics, thanks for sharing.

You really hit it on the head with your description of fans. I especially like the term "nosepickers" LOL.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Wed May 17, 2006 12:34 pm

:lol: yep that is funny but i have to admit i've done my share of pickin' smoke and rubber out of my nose, eyes and ears the next morning after spending all day behind the burnout boxes :wink:

CH3NO2

Postby CH3NO2 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:08 pm

Glad to share guys and happy you liked them. :D

CH3NO2

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat May 20, 2006 12:27 am

great pics
awesome comments!
TRUE
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”