info on the RT 66 top sportsman series????

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Big Erik
info on the RT 66 top sportsman series????

Postby Big Erik » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:43 pm

guys, anyone got any info on the top sportsman races they run up at Rt 66 in Joliet???.....I inquired on the midwest top psortsman site didn't get too far as far as what i want to know......I know a few of the "chicago guys" and i do know they are FAST!!.....I have heard they are gonn ago from a 16 car field to a 32 if this is true I could probably get my tub in the field if it is still 16 i am not fast enough at 7.80-7.90 to get in.......I am gonna try and up the HP on the nitrous and run maybe 7.80's all the time and dip into the 70's but thats about all i got.......which is fine with me but i gotta beable to qualify to race!!......i think it'd be fun to run some of the races if i can.........our stude won't be done this year so what i got is what i got...... :lol: .......I have heard that even though theres some really fast cars theres lots of attrition after qualifying weather this is true i dunno??.......thanks in advance......ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:56 pm

I've heard it's a tough field too. All I know about the deal is they have 7 dates @ 66.
May3
May 10
May 25
July 27
Aug. 17
Sept 27
Sept. 28

Let me know if you go to any. I'd like to run up there & watch.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:17 pm

yeah i know it was tough last year, like i say if it is a 32 car field it might be easier to get into with my 62.....I don't think i'll try and run em all but it'd be fun to do a few of them if i can//......ERIK

jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:37 am

eddyville hasn't announced it yet that i know of but they are having a top dragster/ top sportsman series in place of quick 16 this year. Its an all run 5.50 & faster for door car and 5.20 & faster for dragster. Points series are split due to possible different number cars in each class. At end of the year the champs on each side run off for overall title champ & fund plus a free powerglide transmission setup for top dragster/top sportsman (3500-3800 dollar value i think). Our shop advance transmission is the title sponsor to the class as well as super pro and pro et. We're lookin at throwing together some low et qualifier packages too. They should have details on the web page soon. I can try to answer questions too if anyone has any. We tried to set the class up so everything was pretty self explanitory. All rules are based off nhra top sportsman top dragster.
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:03 am

jared,
I was wondering if thsi was how they were gonna do it.....Cordova did away with the frantic 14 also.......and i assume it will be run the same as the eddyville race is......which if it is to be an all run will work out fine the ones they did at cordova went over well........any idea how they will do the pairings etc??...is it to be like a fast bracket race type thing....I hope there are not to be buy backs though that throws a wrench into the whole deal IMO.......any info you can give me would be great i had a balst last year running the quick 16!!........thanks ERIK

jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:02 pm

pairings are i believe by the drawn chip system. Faster qualified car gets lane choice. i think they were going to bump up the et limits by a tenth jus to get more of the normal weekend cars into the field. Payouts start at 2nd round winner. 600 dollars to win for each side (doorslammer and dragster seperate) then have a run off for another 600 dollars. no buy backs at all. i know i'll think of more details and i'll post em as soon as i remember them. haha
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:04 pm

Sounds like fun to me! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

rock

Postby rock » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:03 pm

eddyville hasn't announced it yet that i know of but they are having a top dragster/ top sportsman series in place of quick 16 this year. Its an all run 5.50 & faster for door car and 5.20 & faster for dragster. Points series are split due to possible different number cars in each class. At end of the year the champs on each side run off for overall title champ & fund plus a free powerglide transmission setup for top dragster/top sportsman (3500-3800 dollar value i think). Our shop advance transmission is the title sponsor to the class as well as super pro and pro et. We're lookin at throwing together some low et qualifier packages too. They should have details on the web page soon. I can try to answer questions too if anyone has any. We tried to set the class up so everything was pretty self explanitory. All rules are based off nhra top sportsman top dragster.
yes Jared keep us informed (ok keep me informed seems like i am the last one find out the rules guess they figured i don't need to know :lol:

animal jim

Thirty Two Cars at 66

Postby animal jim » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:55 am

8) Rt. 66 TS will be same as Div. 3 races. 32 cars-min dial 7:99. :wink:

Yours truly is partly responsable suggesting to open the field up to 32 cars.

And I, Animal Jim Feurer , SFI Certified Silver Grade Tech # SFI 389S will be there to help tech you in! :roll: Have your sh-t Right :!: :lol: :lol:

Hard to believe-this will be my 5th. year as a NHRA Tech official. :shock:

You can copy TS rules from Div. website. Div. 3 anyway has it for sure. Keep in mind however to compare the website TS rules to Advanced ET rules in Rule book if you are 7:50 or quicker and check other circustances also. 8)

EXAMPLE: If you are blown alky-you need fire proof covering on your seat belts. That is not stated in the TS rules on web. but is in NHRA rulebook under Advanced ET. :wink:

I hope they will someday NHRA will include TS and TD in the rulebook instead of just providing a suppliment on the website. :roll:
It has been quite a ride!

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:09 pm

AJ, thanks for the info!! I think with a 32 car field i kight beable to squeek in there with my heap........and I am pretty sure I have my crap together as far as safety etc.hope so.I'd hate you to yell at me!!!!!!!.thanksa gain for the info......ERIK

Return to “What's Up”