Dunkin Donuts going NHRA Drag Racing

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Gator
Dunkin Donuts going NHRA Drag Racing

Postby Gator » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:23 pm

Great News
Testing 2 markets.
David Powers got the deal.
Come on David show them the decision is a good one.
8)
www.wallybell.com

RH

Postby RH » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:44 pm

Sweeeeeeeeeet deal!

No pun intended :lol:
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:20 pm

After sniffing around NASCAR for the better part of a year, Dunkin' Donuts has entered into a two-race test sponsorship in the National Hot Rod Association.
Canton, Mass.-based Dunkin' Donuts has struck a team deal with David Powers Motorsports to sponsor developmental driver Zach Beard, as well as a league deal to provide a retail presence at NHRA events in Gainesville, Fla., on March 13-16 and Atlanta on April 24-27. Financial terms were not available.
The retail presence will be created with Dunkin' Donuts' 50-foot mobile unit, which has appeared at the New York Marathon and other events selling coffee, iced coffee and other food and beverages. The Gainesville and Atlanta races were selected because they fit best in Dunkin' Donuts' footprint in the Southeast, said Ryan Haas, director of business development for Forward Sports Marketing, the Kansas City agency that did the deal. Also, those two tracks are owned by the NHRA, which made it easier for Dunkin' Donuts to negotiate retail rights at the track.
"The goal is to make a great impression and expand the program for Dunkin' Donuts into more races and grow it into a larger-scale promotion in the future," Haas said. Dunkin' Donuts wound up at David Powers Motorsports, in part, because of a relationship between Beard's father, Lee, an NHRA crew chief, and Doug Rainey, director of operations and new business development for Dunkin' Brands.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:02 pm

Thanks for the info, Mike and all. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Sheesh, I'll spread some icing on my car and make it look like a Honey Dipped Donut if they want to sponsor me. :lol:

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:05 pm

Very Cool,,,, :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:39 pm

Darn it...my favorite donuts and they've all but vanished in Houston...we got Krispy Kreme and Shipley's all over but I just don't care much for them...when my wife and I spent a weekend in Beaumont back in December, there was a Dunkin' Donuts up the street from our hotel. We stocked up on 'em and took 'em back home...now, lemme get this straight. The Beard kid drives which car? Isn't DPM Rod Fuller's owner? And Antron Brown's? There's going to be a third car in that camp? I am curious, Yellow. I will go surfing to find out more. Cheers, WC1
PS: Good luck and safe racing to all.
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:27 pm

now if we could only get betty crocker to finally sponsor randy ............
the police never think it's as funny as i do

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 am

now wouldn't THAT be the perfect match....

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:18 am

After sniffing around NASCAR for the better part of a year, Dunkin' Donuts has entered into a two-race test sponsorship in the National Hot Rod Association.
Canton, Mass.-based Dunkin' Donuts has struck a team deal with David Powers Motorsports to sponsor developmental driver Zach Beard, as well as a league deal to provide a retail presence at NHRA events in Gainesville, Fla., on March 13-16 and Atlanta on April 24-27. Financial terms were not available.
The retail presence will be created with Dunkin' Donuts' 50-foot mobile unit, which has appeared at the New York Marathon and other events selling coffee, iced coffee and other food and beverages. The Gainesville and Atlanta races were selected because they fit best in Dunkin' Donuts' footprint in the Southeast, said Ryan Haas, director of business development for Forward Sports Marketing, the Kansas City agency that did the deal. Also, those two tracks are owned by the NHRA, which made it easier for Dunkin' Donuts to negotiate retail rights at the track.
"The goal is to make a great impression and expand the program for Dunkin' Donuts into more races and grow it into a larger-scale promotion in the future," Haas said. Dunkin' Donuts wound up at David Powers Motorsports, in part, because of a relationship between Beard's father, Lee, an NHRA crew chief, and Doug Rainey, director of operations and new business development for Dunkin' Brands.
Thanks Mike ......
This is a great opportunity for all.........
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”