First update of the racing season........

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Big Erik
First update of the racing season........

Postby Big Erik » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:57 am

Guys,
Just thought i'd throw my first "what i did racing this weekend" out there.....Saturday dad and i fired the ole 62 up for the firs ttime after the freshenup and with the new(well new to me anyway) dry sump setup.all went well.....I was a little worried i might have some issues with the dry sump stuff as it was all used stuff i pieced together over the winter..the pump looked excellent inside .but I was still nervous!!.no worries we primed it with dads trusty 1960's model B&D drill it had 90 pounds of oil pressure with the drill!!......we fired it checked for elaks, checked the oil tank all was well.had 95 pounds of Oil pressure and it pegged the guage when ya wacked the throttle at 100 psi.so we backed that off it now has 80-85 .should be fine, i also have upped the HP on the nitrous to 400(from 300), and fattened the main jet up a little.......the car sounds great.....though in my small shop it is a little overwhelming!!......now all i gotta do is put the trans blanket back on, relash the valves, and put the diaper on we are also gonna redo the front suspension a little to get the camber better and put longer wheelie bars on it.we are gonna rob the ones off the stude (so we have an excuse to build trick ones for that).now it was 67 here sunday and the snow melted ..but tday it is COLD again so I am chomping at the bit to get out there and run the thing...... :lol: ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:12 pm

ahh the sound of fresh ponies! :D 8) :lol: Cant wait to get our bracket dragster going. We're building a 511 ci big block with a f2r procharger on it. Trying to make a "kit" to sell to people who want to pick up a 2-3 tenths and not have to change much. Hopeing for bolt on the supercharger and change nozzle sizes/pills and go.

also we had the eddyville banquet saturday and i grabbed a a few sweet shots of your car. Pm your address and i'll send em to ya.
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

Outlaw Nick

Postby Outlaw Nick » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Sounds cool Erik. When do the tracks open in your area?
[i]Your New Home For Fast Doorslammer News, Results And Discussion - FastDoorslammers.com![/i]

www.fastdoorslammers.com

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:10 pm

that pro charger deal sounds interesting!!.using mechanical fuel injection???......thsoe guys that pitted by us at the world series with the s-10 had a setup like that......prety cool......instead of the trick efi stuff most use they ran a bugcatcher on a tunnelram inejcted on alky witht he pro charger.....neat deal really!!......what kind of compression ya gonna run in it??......my 565 is almsot 16:1 so supercharging it is out but I always wanted a blown motor!.......ERIK

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:12 pm

opening day at Cordova is april 12th.but the way the weather has been so far.......it'll probably be snowing!!.......i got to go out and get the chassis retagged so i hope it ain;t too crappy that day!!.......ERIK

jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:04 pm

im not sure where we are at right now. Total compression after boost, were shooting for in the 20 to 23:1 ratio. I'll check with guy assembling the motor and let ya know. i wanna say were in the 14:1 range. We just figure its cheaper to do this procharger setup than to buy a complete aspirated motor to run the same numbers. Plus we dont care none to much for dealing with bottles. too touchy and too inconsistant bracket racing. Good thing about superchargers too, you make your own air. Humidity and all that doesn't make a big difference like aspirated engines.
Yes were running the mechanical fuel injection. we are just using the rons toilet on this one. it can be adapted to anything tho with minor work.
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:13 pm

I'll keep up with this one I like the pro charger idea.....though i'd dig a big old 8-71 hangin out my hood too.......as for consistancy with the bottle fed motor mine is actually more consistant on the juice than off of it........ERIK

Bob Kraemer

Postby Bob Kraemer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:21 pm

but I always wanted a blown motor!.......ERIK
Now your talkin!!!! 8) 8)
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:12 pm

That's awesome. Thanks to all the racers out there who put on the show for us. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 am

on of the benifits to running a procharger.....nhra doesn't have enough data for them to make any rules. Therefore....ASPIRATED rules apply. we were told that straight from NHRA div 5 tech director. Dont even have to have belt guards or the large 1" "burn down" lines for puke tank. He said recommends them but not mandatory. I'm sure eventually they will get some rules in there. According to the tech guy, it'll be a while since theres only currently one guy running a procharger. (that s10)
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

Return to “What's Up”