Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Doug

Postby Doug » Fri May 05, 2006 8:16 am

Hey..
i found this forum a while ago and have been "lurking"..

Looks like a great board so i thought I would register and say hello to you all and introduce myself. Maybe have some fun and even learn something along the way.

My name is Doug. I am sort of new to drag racing, I guess. I was big into until I was about 20. I am 34 now and just looking to go have some fun at local bracket races with my street car. Which, by the way, I just purchased a few months ago.

It's sooooooooooooooooo sloooooowwwwwwww....... :lol:

Anyway, I hope I am welcome here, even with the "slow boat"..

Oh yeah, I'm from South Carolina.
Want/need to know anything else, just ask.

So, anyway... HI!!!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri May 05, 2006 8:35 am

Howdy, Doug! Welcome aboard! Great that you came back to drag racing after a long layoff. We'll look forward to hearing about your adventures on and off the track! This is a great place with the greatest people. I think you're gonna enjoy it here! Happy Friday, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

JRX

Postby JRX » Fri May 05, 2006 8:38 am

Hey Doug...welcome aboard.....how about a little background on your car?
THR5 Communications

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Fri May 05, 2006 9:20 am

hi Doug and welcome... we also bracket a slow car :roll: at Gateway in NHRA DIV 3 Summit series... Jim...

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Fri May 05, 2006 9:24 am

:) Welcome Doug. You will find that this is the best board anywhere. We won't beat you up for having a slow car, at least you have one and yes you will learn alot. If you have any questions we have a bunch of very knowledgeable people to help you out.

Doug

Postby Doug » Fri May 05, 2006 9:29 am

Sure thing..
The car is a (ready for this??)
'71 Monte Carlo, I know, a nice light car to start with right? :lol:

Anyway, I found the car about December of last year and I really liked it.

Let me give you a little more about me.
For about the past 15 years or so, I have been heavily into HD motorcycles, well, 9/6/03 my wife and I were blessed with a perfect,, bouncing baby boy.
Now he is 2 1/2 and he does all sorts of stuff with me. I was watching a race on tv last fall and he walked by the tv and stopped dead in his tracks, backed up to the couch, sat down and never spoke or moved until the race was over.
I thought that was cool.
The next weekend, we went to the local track. Him and I had a blast, looking at cars, talking to people and watching the races. He was mesmerized and actually, he really liked the Jr. Dragsters.

Now, a motorcycle and a small son are sort of mutually exclusive. So, when I found this Monte Carlo that I liked, I decided to buy it for us. It has been nothing but a street car since I purchased it. I have not done much to it yet.

It has a 355 sbc/th-350, 12 bolt rear end. His car seat is a permanat fixture in the back seat.

I just purchased a new Eaton series 4 differential and, once I buy the gears, I will get that installed. I am going to use 4.10s and a 26" tall tire. If I can get the car to 12's, I should trap around 6k rpm.

I am also in the process of building a 406" sbc for the car.
Steel crank, reconditioned chevy rods w/ arp bolts, speed pro forged pistons and plasma moly rings. Brodix IK-200 heads,Team-G intake and holley 750 HP carb.
I am having some serious trouble picking the right cam for this combo.

My goal right now is 12.0 sec. street car that we can improve on together as the years go by.

Right now, my son and I are just haveing fun on a shoe string budget.
If I can get an oil leak fixed by noon tomorrow and it doesn't rain, we'll race tomorrow.
I'll let you know how we do.

Sorry for the long post.

Doug

Postby Doug » Fri May 05, 2006 9:33 am

Lets see if this works...
Here is the car and my "Crew Chief" Brian. :D

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Fri May 05, 2006 9:36 am

Hi Doug, and welcome to the board. I love that body style of Monte. It was one of the best.

Glad you and your boy can do things together. 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Fri May 05, 2006 9:38 am

:arrow: We love long posts Doug. The longer the better. Hey Monte's are cool too.

Return to “What's Up”