Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Wed May 17, 2006 7:33 pm

i don't currently have anything i want to sell, thanks for asking though. that 63 was my dad's
the police never think it's as funny as i do

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed May 17, 2006 7:36 pm

Sawwy I ain't tossed out the Welcome mat to ya yet, Doug.....Shoot....We are practically neighbors...(at least State neighbors, anyhoo.... :roll: )
Good lookin' ol' Chebbie...(yup....I'm one of the resident Ford guys :wink: )....but I am open minded enough to recognize a good lookin car when I see it....
Great to have you AND your Son here with us......just be careful around that Baker fella when it comes time for you or your Son's birthdays....your b'day cake "could" go to missin' on ya....LMSAO!!!
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed May 17, 2006 7:44 pm

Thanks man...

Where is Cairo at? I'm nt familiar with that.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed May 17, 2006 7:56 pm

About 30 miles North of Tallahassee, Fl.......(They figgered I needed to be near the bottom of the state cause I run a Ford.....LOL They let Gator [Wally Bell] reside up in Marrietta, cause he's retired from racin'....Plus he drove Chebbies, too :roll: ...its a conspiracy, I tell ya... :lol: :lol: ).....
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed May 17, 2006 8:00 pm

About 30 miles North of Tallahassee, Fl.......(They figgered I needed to be near the bottom of the state cause I run a Ford.....LOL They let Gator [Wally Bell] reside up in Marrietta, cause he's retired from racin'....Plus he drove Chebbies, too :roll: ...its a conspiracy, I tell ya... :lol: :lol: ).....
OOOOHHHHH.. You is a LOOOOONG way from me.
Marietta on the other hand is maybe 130 miles or so.

Did you hear they closed the little strip in Dallas, Ga. this year after about 50 years? I never got to race there... It's sad to see these places go..

Support your local tracks ladies and gentlemen or they will be gone. :(

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed May 17, 2006 8:05 pm

yup....I heard about it closing down.....sad indeed........I can think of at least one that NEEDS to close down....but out of respect for ....aww what am I saying....I don't even "know" the guy.....but I will refrain from "publicly" thrashing his place :roll: :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed May 17, 2006 8:14 pm

yup....I heard about it closing down.....sad indeed........I can think of at least one that NEEDS to close down....but out of respect for ....aww what am I saying....I don't even "know" the guy.....but I will refrain from "publicly" thrashing his place :roll: :wink:
What is your "home" track Billy? Over in Valdosta?

Ever been up to Carolina Dragway in Jackson, SC.. A few miles outside of Augusta, GA?

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Wed May 17, 2006 8:16 pm

8) cool of you to mention Dallas Doug.... yep been there... it is closed now... i think i know what track BillyMac mentioned anbd also won't give my opinion.... yet :D

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed May 17, 2006 8:23 pm

8) cool of you to mention Dallas Doug.... yep been there... it is closed now... i think i know what track BillyMac mentioned anbd also won't give my opinion.... yet :D
The way I see it is like this..
Places like Dallas.. And, for me, Greer and Ware shoals in SC are really where it's at. It's grass roots and i can go there and not feel out of place. Don't get me wrong there are some serious high dollar operations there but all in all a good group of folks and it's a family oriented thing.

Matter of fact.. The 2005 Summit Super Series champ calls Greer home.
He did pretty good in a borrowed dragster HUH?

Now he's got a brand new one from Summit/IHRA?Undercover and 10 grant to boot.

You know what like best about that?
Could have been any one of us..

Grass roots babee!!
I love it.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed May 17, 2006 8:28 pm

hmmm....home track.....well.....seeing as how Valdosta AND US 19 Dragway (ALbany, Ga) are nearly the same milage from my place....I guess you could say either one......but as soon as I can get my Stang up and gallopin' again, I DO want to go to Valdosta the first time out with it....I figger, go a 1/4 mile or don't go at all :wink: ....(however, I'll prolly just run the 1/8th even over there......Yeah....Right!!.....It'll be feelin' so good to me, I may buzz right on through the sand trap, get out on I-75 and keep it hammer'd till my 4 gal fuel cell runs outta go juice!!!!) :lol:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Return to “What's Up”