Wentzville raceway

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
al_inbancroft
Wentzville raceway

Postby al_inbancroft » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:11 pm

Has Wentzville been closed? Please bring me up too speed.
Thanks.
Al

slingshot383

Postby slingshot383 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:20 pm

Sad to say, but yes, Mid-America Raceways in Wentzville, MO closed 4 years ago. Too much new housing encroaching on the track. I miss it, lot's of memories and friends made there over the years. There is supposed to be a 1/4 mi. facility being built at Colombia,MO. right off I-70.
1994 Undercover 23 T altered
member of the Torque and Recoil Club

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:25 pm

:( sad but true.... great memories.. at least it had shade... trees and grass and dirt...(sanders still sunburnt and tired from hoofing it around Gateway over the weekend)
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:39 am

We enjoyed the Nostalgia Event at Wentzville very much..Wayne Stumpf & I raced each other there 2 or 3 times. (Wayne's home track) Wayne's "Scorpio" Stude' was a great car.
The fans are were great !
The "Tower" was scary....
Clem..Cool!

(In the late 90's we ended up running Dawson's Demon on a final run..pretty cool..nice bunch of guys.

Kuhlmann, at that time, lived nearby.
Kuhlmann is by far the best known ProMod guy from the area ( Any area probably)
Mr. 200.........
www.wallybell.com

al_inbancroft

Postby al_inbancroft » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 pm

That really BLOWS! That place was like stepping back in time. I went out there every weekend while working on the old Valiant plant in 94. Whats Stumpf and Kuhlman doing theese days?
Regards.
Al

Bret Kepner

Postby Bret Kepner » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:16 pm

There is supposed to be a 1/4 mi. facility being built at Colombia,MO. right off I-70.
Not even close to "right off I-70", Hunter. More like 45 miles NORTH of Columbia...and it'll probably be an eighth if they ever start construction.

And don't even bring up Wright City, Viburnum, Effingham or Rolla.
Bret Kepner
http://www.bretkepnerphotos.com
BRETKEPNER@Prodigy.net
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:22 pm

we ran there with the OMSS always had a ball there!!.it was kinda goofy goin over the "hill" in the lights!!......we were always pitted on the hill on the way down in the old road coarse.it was at times comical to see all us stick shift guys tryin to keep the car from rolling down that long ass hill!!...........always had a fun time there though lotsa neat cars came out for the Nostalgia events they had........we had a couple guys go off the end one year......instead of a sand trap the track actually was at one time a straightaway for the road course and wayyyyyyy down at the end they had big round bails to stop ya from going into the cow pasture behind it!!........we had one of our fast guys lose the chute and he slid between the bails and a sapling!!.....the other guy was going slower and got by the bails, then saw the fence so he aimed for the gate gt through that and got stopped dead in the middle of a herd of cows!!..........didn't hurt the car too much at all he said he was more scared of the cows being pissed at him!! ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:21 pm

:lol: Eric.... i have been in the pasture/field looking for parts.... both human and mechanical :P
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

slingshot383

Postby slingshot383 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Ahhh, you must mean much closer to Moberly, Mr. Kepner? Funny, I heard all those other towns mentioned at one time or another also. All one needs is huge piles of money to toss!
1994 Undercover 23 T altered
member of the Torque and Recoil Club

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:38 am

I think you can add I-39 raceway in Minook to that list too......ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

Return to “What's Up”