Capps whacked Whit?

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Thu May 11, 2006 9:47 pm

Well i have never been a fan of whits and never meeting him i just figured he was an arrogant #^&* that being said i have become friends with a guy that crewed on the Army car for a few years and knew Whit well.Basically said that most of the crew dont care for him he barely talks to them and walks around like his #hit dont stink.Guess he forgets when he was upside down and on fire in the fast orange car on a regular basis.
Still loved when Pat Patterson on TNN called him BLAZEmore
www.midwestsuperstockmafia.org

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Fri May 12, 2006 9:55 am

:lol: BLAZEmore :lol: Several years ago when Force was spitting blowers off at a rate equal to our rising gas prices now and became the safety crews number one problem he had a sign on the rear quarters of his car. It read "Safety Safari Test Car". I caught it while he was backing up to the starting line and lost it. My girl thought I had flipped out.

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Fri May 12, 2006 11:13 am

Wheelzman, I remember that sign on Forces car.
I also remember when Force referred to Whit as "that Blazemore kid". This was when he was also torching cars at an alarming rate.
I also wonder if Whit was in the running for the ride that Tony P. got with Force. It sure looked that way to me, but that was when Whit got the Winston deal.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri May 12, 2006 11:44 am

I believe Whit Bazemore has great driving talents and skills. He came up through the ranks and paid some hard-earned dues to get where he is. He also has tremendous determination and athletic ability. Physically he has everything it takes, plus he's got a top-dollar car with a clear path in front of him to success. But once you step outside of those parameters, that's where the trouble starts, and it leaks out from between his ears through his mouth. I'd probably see him differently if he could get a personality makeover or something, but it doesn't look to me like he's planning on having one any time soon. Could be a guy like him is needed in that class to keep things on a high level of tension, but being downright abrasive is taking it too far in my eyes. If it was me in his shoes, I'd probably be the opposite of what he has made of himself to most of his fellow racers. It has nothing to do with his performance as a driver (the car's performance, well, whether he's responsible for that, I don't know), although how he drove after the run had a lot to do with him being placed on probation. It does look to me like he's starting to run out of options and friends. I am probably wrong about that, but he's burned so many bridges that I've heard about, it just baffles me how he can manage to be where he is at this point. Other sports have similar guys, too. Pure talent has a way of rising to the surface, personalities notwithstanding. I just hope the mouthing-offs and subsequent punch-outs will cease and the chips on everybody's shoulders fall off. I guess that'd make for a dull season, though, wouldn't it...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri May 12, 2006 1:27 pm

His Mommy made him that way.
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

CH3NO2

Postby CH3NO2 » Fri May 12, 2006 5:16 pm

Put the best funny car driver in the country in the Matco car and we will see how many times the car wins on Sundays. Unfortunately he would not tolerate the politics and nonsense that seems to be prevelant with Schumacher racing. Schumacher is a good business man and why he has tolerated whinebag's childish behavior despite his skills is beyond me.

If whit gets into a disagreement or difference of opinions with the likes of Ace, Bucky Austin or an Al Hofmann or Paul Smith type forget it. Heck, even the fiery redhead from Austrailia, Helen Hofmann, would have tossed Dashall's daddy into the dirt. The whiner good fortune it was Ron Capps that popped him on his glass jaw and not somebody his size or he would have ended up in the hospital. What most of us want and what he needs a good old fashioned " go to your room whitney for a time out " for about 20 years.

BTW, the driver's name is none other than Dale Pulde.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri May 12, 2006 8:02 pm

I can't remember him ever mouthing off at Big Al...who is actually a smaller guy than Capps is...that was one guy you did not mess with. Heck, you didn't even have to mess with him...I do remember Atomic Al kind of smirking at Baze. He didn't take him all that seriously. But if Whit DID decide to pull his act on Al Hoffmann, he'd be spending the rest of his days sucking his food through a straw. The Ace has been known to have thrown a punch or two (dozen) in his life and times, as has Connie Kalitta...and Shirley...and your mentioning of Paul Smith and the Buck...there are some very tough hombres and hombrettes who have populated this sport from its beginning up till now...but now you got the politics that follow the punch...if it was a personal thing that he said to Capps, then it probably would have made me react, too if I'd have been him...maybe I would have offered him to meet me alone, away from the drag strip somewhere...I remember making that offer a couple of times when I was younger and working for a major oil company in the 1980s...then I got old and just let 'em do their thing because it didn't matter to me anymore...this whole thing reflects badly on Bazemore in my eyes, but I'm just me. I've had to put up with guys like him all my life and they never seem to run out of 'em wherever I've gone. Good point about Dale Pulde taking that car for a spin, CH. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Return to “What's Up”