WC1's Work on Max Naylor

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon May 15, 2006 9:39 pm

Over the last couple or three years, I've been involved with a lot of KO Talent's projects, but lately I've been dormant over there...doing a little of this and a little of that. Last car I did was Lippy's Funny Car with Rapid's engine in it...but there was a period where I was doing a lot of stuff and it involved some fuel cars. That was FUN, man...a couple of nitro FCs and a Top Fueler...also some Pro Stock Bikes. I went down to George Bryce's pit and hung out with them...GREAT people...for some reason, the deal they got was signed off and went online and so on, with my graphics to be put on the bike, but it never made it to a race. I am not sure, but somebody in the food chain musta screwed up the deal before it got to G2. They were ready, but no dice from the sponsor ultimately...this didn't surprize me, as I had been in touch with their corp comm people. The racers flipped over the design and threw a party with it, and the corp comm people recoiled in horror...same situation in all corp comm dealings I've had (non-automotive)...the record companies were cool, though. Strange...I saw a picture of Don Sosenka's funny car yesterday and it had the exact same paint design on it that I had made a couple of years ago for Max Naylor...and a funny car, as well, but the funny car deal didn't happen...the resemblance to my original design was uncanny...heck, I don't mind that kind of stuff. I did turn in some wild stuff to Bill at KO talent...way out stuff...but with sponsorship graphics, you gotta play it by the numbers and be careful not to get corp comm riled-up atcha. Anyway, it's been great doing those cars...I sure hope to see Dean Skuza back out there, but he needs a good, long-term deal with a solid backer. Some sponsorships are a flash-in-the-pan and then they're gone. Some start out huge and next thing you know, they're an associate-level sponsor. It's hard to get 'em interested in putting up Pro-level Money for a few seasons...not impossible, but difficult...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon May 15, 2006 10:04 pm

All good points WC,,,your work rocks and the real people know it! :)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Return to “What's Up”