safety slow cars in with fast cars

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Sun May 14, 2006 12:15 pm

I remember when the handicapped car was put down the track x amount of lengths and both left at the same time, flag starter! Now that was interesting! Seems the guy farther down got better traction back then, but made for some wild racing! :roll: Poor starter guy!!!!
did they have a crew to keep the dinosours off the track back then? :wink: sorry, i just couldn't help that one :oops:
the police never think it's as funny as i do

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun May 14, 2006 1:27 pm

That pic that BP posted for you is pretty dang spooky, broke dad...it's good that the track made new rules. That is a beautiful dragster you have there. That made me think of something that I hadn't thought about before. Are all dragstrips the same width? I mean, is there a rule of what the track width must be? I saw a similar race in early 2003 in Super Comp at Houston Raceway Park...a Ford Probe and a blown dragster. The Probe got a big jump at the hit and went screaming way down track before the dragster's engine came up and roared away...the dragster blew past the Probe in the lights like he was standing still. The Probe went 160-something, but the dragster was going well past 215 or so. His ET was 8.900. It was a great race, the best one I ever saw in Super Comp...but I couldn't help but think, what if the slightest thing went wrong there...it would have been a heck of a mess for everybody...anyway, I took a picture of the dragster the next time I got down to the pits. It's the Pyle Brothers from Southeast Texas. Very good points all the way around in this thread, thanks for posting. Cheers, WC1
[img][img]http://thumb1.webshots.com/t/63/163/8/3 ... Plu_th.jpg[/img][/img][/url]
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Mon May 15, 2006 10:59 am

"most" of the "nicer" tracks are pretty wide, Cat (each lane close to 30 feet wide or more)...but there are some po-dunk tracks out there that are really narrow, in some cases no more than a regular back road black-top.
Those narrow tracks give whole new meaning to Door handle to Door handle racing :shock: :shock:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon May 15, 2006 11:04 am

Rocky will also tell ya. US 36 where we go do some match racing, is a narrow old deal. :)

The right guard rail also curves back closer to the actual track in the shut down, just at the finish line. It gives you the optical illusion that the track gets even narrower! :shock:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Return to “What's Up”