Eduardo

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Danny White
Eduardo

Postby Danny White » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:13 am

The storm is getting ready to hit Wildcat it ooks like, how is everybody else in the path? We are out of its reach right now. We do need the rain from it badly. It was 104 yesterday. Even my Dallas Grass is dying :shock: :shock: ! I have not had to mow in three weeks :D :D

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:22 am

Edouard is landing a little to the East of here, thank God, which will lessen the impact somewhat today...we'll get wind, rain, some tornados maybe, but I'm getting ready right now to go to work today. Boss said "play it by ear", so that's what I'll do...hope all is well for everybody. Cheers, WC1

Early reports are encouraging.
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Outlaw Nick

Postby Outlaw Nick » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 pm

No big deal. Just some rain and a little wind here.
[i]Your New Home For Fast Doorslammer News, Results And Discussion - FastDoorslammers.com![/i]

www.fastdoorslammers.com

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:57 pm

This was just a rainy day here in Houston. We needed the rain and the cooler temperatures...It actually rained harder on the West side (the side we were on) of the storm than it did on the East (or "dirty") side, which is unprecedented. I went to work, put in a full day, had a good time, and came home...if I may take a moment to editorialize, I'd like to say that this was another spectacular non-event...nothing like what happened when Hurricane Rita was headed at us, mass evacuation happened and millions of people got stranded on the freeways; if that storm had hit, it would have produced catastrophic numbers from the people who were stuck out there on the freeways...for hundreds of miles...with gas stations closed...and people dying out there from the heat...Rita suddenly took a right at the Texas/Louisiana border, just like Edouard did, 90 miles away from the target, and none of the meteorologists who laboriously explained ad nauseum how the "cone of uncertainty" expands in the forecast track, could, uh, say why the storm completely missed their predictions altogether...their calculations, computer-generated forecasts, everything they said turned out to be wrong, including the intensity and severity of the storm. Heck, it wasn't even strong enough to drive the price of oil up...oil dropped today...They actually don't know what those storms are going to do. What will come out of the Gulf of Mexico next is anybody's guess. Thanks for the kind words and good throughts, folks. We're fine, thank God. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:02 pm

Thanks for the up-date WC1, glad to hear you, Danny, & Gena are OK. Hope all the TX folks stay that way.

Danny White

storm

Postby Danny White » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:07 am

It was only 97 here today, we got those high clouds that precede these storms today. Rita was knee jerk reaction after Katrina.We got two ( yes 2 inches) out of Rita! All fun and good here in NE Texas.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:11 am

Glad to hear that it petered out... but better safe than sorry. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”