Moral Dilema? You decide.

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu May 18, 2006 10:33 pm

On this subject... the racers i mentioned have been racing since the 70's that i know of.... the same guys that used to kick my butt in the early 80's are still at the same track even tho it has been re-done since i used to drive. the same weekly dudes winning money. the guy that beat us last week beat me 20 years ago..it is almost a full time job for some of them. they know everyone from the ticket booth to the track announcer to the guy pickin up the trash at 3 am and the state troopers leaving the grounds to the interstate entrance :shock: ... sometimes it makes you wonder ?it's all rigged i tell ya !! :D

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu May 18, 2006 10:35 pm

ahhh....the "Good Ol' Boy" defense.........Never HAS worked for me :roll:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Doug

Postby Doug » Thu May 18, 2006 10:42 pm

I see alot of this garbage going on at test and tune nights. lots of drinking and gabling..

you can smell a little herb in the air.

When I was in NY we raced at New York International Raceway Park... We still called it Motor City though.

After owner Bob Metcalfe got snctioned by the IHRA and began hosting the Thunder Nats there, they really cracked down on that junk. Even on test and tune nights..

i aint in NY anymore and the Thunder Nats are long gone for some reason or another, who knows.

For me though.. This is a family affair. I am not interested in going to the track to get away from m family, I am interested in going so I can spend quality time with them doing something fun.

I work out of town right now.

That is the reason that I post so much at night, all I have to do is hang out in a hotel or go to a bar. I am not much for driking alone so here I am enjoying myself with you guys drinking a Dr. Pepper and talking cars.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu May 18, 2006 11:02 pm

Well, my opinion is they should crack down on that kind of activity and keep it prohibited until after the racing's over, and even then let 'em go home and get smashed or whatever...the most glaring example of something like that getting out of hand is the Gilbertson team's incident at Las Vegas testing last preseason. But a guy with a prime pit spot and a lot of mojo around the track scene shouldn't be partying during the competition. That's just not right. It's probably against the rules, too. If I were you, Doug, doing what you're doing, taking your family to the races to enjoy quality time with them and you have to witness a blatant violation of the sanctioning body's rules, I'd go ahead and send an anonymous letter and let 'em know it's wrong and as a paying customer with your family with you, that you expect results or you can go higher with it...whether you include that last part is your option, but if they don't fix the problem, why not. My 2 cents; hope I didn't p*ss anybody off. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Doug

Postby Doug » Thu May 18, 2006 11:07 pm

I'm certainly not p*ssed.
i just wanted some other opinions..

Like I said. After the night is done, I'll pop a cold one too.. Granted, it's normally at home.

I ertainly ave no problems with specators bringing in a cooler either. They are there to have fun and watch the show. So long as their beverage is not n a glass container and they are in control, doesn't bother me.

They are not driving a 6 second drag car.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu May 18, 2006 11:08 pm

Hot Diggity!!...Another Dr Pepper-haulic!!...YEEE HAWWW!!....I knew there was a reason I liked you....(even if you DO drive a Chebbie...LOL)

No reason to apologize, Cat...right's right, Period!
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu May 18, 2006 11:20 pm

Doug, I agree with the guys here. I partake in a few beverages at times, and I take beer to the track, maybe a six-pack if one of my buds wants one after the races. I NEVER drink till after the races, Larry, my partner does'nt drink, if I do, he drives the rig home. I always use cans and a cooler on it so no one knows what we are drinking. It's one thing to have a cold one after the day is done, and another to drink all day, especially on the track. Our dragster requires all my attention to be handled safely, I owe it to myself, and to the guy in the other lane to be 100%. I think as does W.C, a letter is in order. JMO
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Doug

Postby Doug » Thu May 18, 2006 11:24 pm

You guys think the letter should go to the track or the sanctioning body?

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu May 18, 2006 11:25 pm

You guys think the letter should go to the track or the sanctioning body?
Start at the track level with the owner/mgr and staging director.
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu May 18, 2006 11:26 pm

try the track first.....but keep a copy ready for the sanctioning body, just in case nothing comes of it at the "local" level....
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Return to “What's Up”