Jenni gets married

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Jenni gets married

Postby pro70z28 » Sun May 21, 2006 11:26 pm

Thought I'd drop off a picture from Jenni's wedding this weekend, and post some of what happened. Proud Dad needs to brag a little. I turned most of my stuff over to JD's Dad so he can make a DVD. And, the photographer won't have proofs ready for a week or so. But, I do have this shot of Jenni in the prayer garden. We built that area last fall. JD & Jenni are the first couple to have there wedding pics. taken there. There is a paver with their Names and Wedding date engraved in it that will be placed somewhere in the patio area. So, someday they will have a story to tell they're kids & Grandkids. I had a lump in my throat most of the day. Seeing Jenni in her dress for the first time. I found myself thinking about as she was growing up ...... all the directions she could have gone and all the choices she could have made that would shape her life. Then I would think about how incredibly proud I am of the direction she's gone and the choices she's made. I think about a frail little girl, that would cry over some of the simplest things, who before my eyes grew up to be a strong woman with a very level head on her shoulders. And, she picked a young man I am proud to call my Son.
Oh....sorry.....got off track......back to the story. I had several people tell me how they lost it during the service. The reality of seeing there daughter get married just too much to handle. So, since I'm half way to being a wreck I figure Oh great, I'm about to make a total $#%^& of myself. But, oddly enough, Once she was on my arm, reality had the total opposite affect on me. I surmised I was problee' too nervous to get emotional. Our Pastor said standing with his daughter at the back of the church before going down the isle was when it hit him, so, I was ready.. Ahhh, made it past that one. Now we're headed down the isle. I look at Chuck (Pastor) and think that wasn't so tough. I see JD and the nervousness kept me together just fine. O.K., now the tricky part. I answer Chuck's question with "Her Mother & I". Oh, Oh, I feel a chink in the armour but I'm still hangin' in there purdy good. Then I lift her veil and it catches just a little on her tierra, just enough to cause a little giggle to break the tension. Then I start to back up and Jenni raises her hand slightly and gives me a little look.  OOOOOPs, I'm suppose to put her hand in his to signify giving her away. (Freudian slip maybe  ). I do one of those "catch myself messin' up" type moves and put her hand in his.. Ekkk, another chink. Then the service goes on and as i settle in the nerves go away. That normally is a good thing, but since it was serving as my firewall  opps, another chink. Overall I was still doing purdy good, even though I was sourrounded by several who weren't holding up so well. Then they turned and stood at the top of the stairs and Chuck announces them as Husband & Wife. Well my armour was purdy well beat up by this time and that was shot that hit me in the heart. A direct hit. Then they came down the stairs and I gave Jenni a hug & a kiss and shook my new Son's hand and wished them the best, as did Cheryl & JD's parents. I managed to get myself together in time for the usher come and take us to the receiving line. I would have to put that experience right at the top of my all time best moments. Right up there with the birth of Jenni & Jeff and Cheryl & my wedding. A memorable moment is an understatement for sure. 
  No real story to tell about the reception. They wanted it short and low key, so it wa a D.J. and no alcohol. Neither one of them drink so they preferred sparkling grape juice. So, no real stories to be told there. Allot of people told us after they liked the way it was put together. I must say, it went purdy well for our first stab at this weddin' stuff.
Oh BTW: the sheer curtains that hang from the ceiling of the worship center came down with a pull of the fish line.  It's a real pain to take that thing down with the man lift after the weddin' is over. So, I rigged up a ''parachute type' rip cord to drop the curtains at the end of the evening. It worked so well, I'm gonna go back next week and rig it up again for a friend of mine who's daughter is getting married. (Drag racing technology @ work). HEHEHE I spoz' puttin a "Remove before flight" ribbon on the pin wood' B a little over the top huh?

Last edited by pro70z28 on Sun May 21, 2006 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun May 21, 2006 11:54 pm

Congratulations, Pro70. Sounds like you held up just fine. What a great day. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun May 21, 2006 11:57 pm

Thanks for sharing your day with us Gary! It sounds to me like it was a storybook day for all involved. You should be proud, I sure am to call you my friend.

You got the started off in life on the right foot it seems to me. :)

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon May 22, 2006 12:16 am

Like I said Gary, you had me cryin in my pepsi when I read that! You deserve to be a proud papa!! Now about the grandchildren? :D :shock:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon May 22, 2006 7:54 am

Great Day for Sure!
Congratulations
www.wallybell.com

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Mon May 22, 2006 8:03 am

What a great story and did it ever bring back memories of when our Nancy got married. And yes you should use that "Remove before flight" ribbon the next time - any drag racers attending will appreciate it.

Doug

Postby Doug » Mon May 22, 2006 8:09 am

Congrats to the proud Dad.. :lol: :D :D
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/dougp1972/Chevy_anim.gif[/img]

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon May 22, 2006 8:54 am

Thanks everybody. Very Cool Weekend indeed. Now it's Monday. Time to pay the bills. :shock:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon May 22, 2006 11:53 am

She's a beautiful bride and it sounds like it was an awesome wedding...you did good, ProZ. They will be fine...she married a good guy. Your description of the ceremony reminded me of some posts I've read about making an important quarter-mile pass! That one was definitely a championship run...and you won! Life is good. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon May 22, 2006 12:54 pm

Congratulations,to all your family,Gary.You wrote a great story.I had to stop reading several times

Return to “What's Up”