Crazy Bunch

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Lippy
Crazy Bunch

Postby Lippy » Tue May 23, 2006 11:44 am

Does anyone think it's nuts that we hav'nt raced in a year? We have not (raced) the dragster in the brackets for over a year! We may this year. We have been hunting the elusive time slip!!!!! When we started this fiasco, with Leon tuning the car, it has gotten faster every pass. Then we go home and sit down and agree to buy more stuff to correct whatever thing it needs to go quicker! Nuts huh! We will say to ourselves, hey, lets race it today, then one of us will say, naw, not worth it, besides, it'll run a so and so e.t. today, lets go for it!! We never slow the car down!! Never. The only e.t. and mph we try to run is Faster!! We are only interested in going faster and quicker. :shock: Seems like with the cost of gas and parts and stuff we would try to re-coup some of the money we have in the car, but nooooo, . We have taken off the delay box, shifter solenoid, and all the related hardware, got rid of the foot brake, installed a hand brake, ect.. to try and get the driver to feel the car more and be one with the car. So they can blame me if it does'nt run good I guess! :lol: I just wondered if anyone out there besides Rapid thinks we are nuts!! :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue May 23, 2006 12:41 pm

Not nuts...just good American Drag Racers 8)
www.wallybell.com

flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Tue May 23, 2006 1:09 pm

i thought the object was to go faster :?: i'm confused
the police never think it's as funny as i do

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Tue May 23, 2006 1:23 pm

Thanks Gator, it's a good thing we did not race last year I guess, it would prob break out every pass, cause I show One time where it ran slower than the run before, because of experimental top secret stuff, :lol:

Hillbilly, I have raced that way all my life. My racing account shows it too! :lol: :lol: We try so hard to have fun, and it seems to be working rather well!! :D

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Tue May 23, 2006 1:27 pm

:lol: it all depends on what you want and can afford to do.. we never try to slow either :roll: but there aren't very heads up circuits for 12.50 cars :lol: i just like being at the track... sure beats looking at my renters all day :D

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Tue May 23, 2006 1:32 pm

Yes Jim, I understand. We are limited as far as travel this year because of spending so much on the dragster on the re-make this winter. I sure would like to go to Cordova and some places with it, but I think the Draglist Nats will be it for travel. Our home track will be about it.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Tue May 23, 2006 3:13 pm

gee that sound familiar Lippy.

I took the car out for the first time this weekend. Ended up running 3 singles.

When the eliminations started I went over to the track manager and said - 'hey I don't want to race tonight, but can I run it again?' He let me sit in staging behind the top class and run another single.

My buddy had is FED out with me - he was right in line behind me doing the same thing.

So yes, I understand completely.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue May 23, 2006 4:26 pm

I have often wondered to myself, sorry for the brief glance into my brain, if maybe I could never be a top-notch racer. I hear so often, oh it is the competition. I want to murder the guy in the other lane, all I care about is winning.

You know, I just am not wired that way. I want to have a good race against guys that I like in the other lane. I don't try to burn them down, or hold them up. Of course I try to bury them at the tree, not because I have to win, just because it gives me a beter chance of coming back and racing in the next round.

The only thing I really feel heated about,,,,is I want to go fast. I want to go faster everytime than the time before. If the weather is worse, I want to tune the car to run better numbers, corrected for the air than the last time I drove it. I want to go faster and faster, and I want to do it without tearing the car up. I want to be a good tuner, and get the most out of the car, and not beat up parts. Now that,,,is something I love!

It's all about the speed and thrills,,,to me,,,it isn't about a Killer instinct that has to win.

Maybe that is all wrong,,,, :roll: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Tue May 23, 2006 4:37 pm

the reality of it all is cubic money.... our deal would not have a chance against an nhra or ihra stock eliminator car of the same engine/weight classification and it never will... This is only 1 of many hobbies that Don and his sons are involved in.... i on the other hand really don't have much going on outside of beating on junk cars and plumbing vans :oops:

Doug

Postby Doug » Tue May 23, 2006 4:45 pm

That's a fact Jim.
If it were not for bracket racing, some of us would have nothing to race at all.
It's funny but Randy has the right attitude for bracket racing.

The fact is, you are not racing the guy in the other lane. You could line up a yugo and a 6 second 225 MPH car next to each other and the only thing that matters is the clock. You're not beating the guy/girl next to you, you are beating or losing to a prescribed moment in time.

The delta between leaving and ending.

I know that even I think it's absolutely STOOPID to think that you can lose a race by going too fast but hey.. Fun is fun..

I know that i will pilot a killer drag car one day.. I'm a happy foot braker for now. We all start somewhere.
I am just starting.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/dougp1972/Chevy_anim.gif[/img]

Return to “What's Up”