Tulsa Results

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Rapid Randy Baker
Tulsa Results

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun May 28, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi,

I will give a short version here. I just got home from a 7-hour drive. I have to tell you guys. I sure appreciate the support that I get from this board. 8)

It was a GREAT weekend. After the 1st session we were #1 qualifier at 4.19 @ 174.30 MPH!!!! :D This was nearly our best ET {4.17 being the best ever for us} and it was a NEW MPH record for our team in the 1/8 mile. We couldn't believe it. 2-weeks ago, the car wouldn't go 30-feet without blowing off the tires!! :shock: Now we move to the head of the pack! :)

I was pretty sure the the group would pick up for the 2nd session, and they did. I will try to find out which, but we ended up #3 or #4 qualifier after it was over. We ran the left lane on this pass and it went a 4.22 @ 172.22 MPH.

The way this deal works is 2-qualifiers, then the 10-fastest cars are in round 1. The 2-fastest winners in that round meet for a final. The outlaw fuel altered group voted to run only 1/8 mile this year. So even though the track was a very nice 1/4 mile facility, we were running 1/8 mile only.

1st round, we had lane choice. We took the right lane. It was 100 degrees there and very windy. The car was loose about 300 foot out in the 1st qualifying run. We added a 1/4 pound of air, adjusted for the air conditions, and hoped for the best. It ran a 4.21 @ 173.01 MPH. This held up for the 2nd best run. The Grim Reeper ran a 4.10 in his race. So it was Nitro Madness against the Grim Reeper for the finals!

In the finals, our car rolled thru the beams as the trans was too hot, and the trans-brake didn't hold. We got a red-light, and then ran 168 mph as the trans was slipping and wouldn't take the additional power we had in it. I was holding in the button, until the tree went yellow. So the 60-foot time was a 1.32,, :shock: With that mph, if the trans wouldn't have gone soft, we would have run another low 4.20 of sometype. More than enough to take the win light. Bad luck just bit at the wrong time. :roll:

So the Grim Reeper won the race. He threw off the blower belt and ran a 4.45 at only 123 mph. He had a .309 LIGHT!! Man, talk about missed chances to win a race!!! He got the win, and we settled for runner up.

Congrats to the Grim Reeper team! They are a very nice group of people who run that car.

I will try to fill in all the details in my "What I did last weekend" report. :wink: :D
Last edited by Rapid Randy Baker on Sun May 28, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun May 28, 2006 10:24 pm

Congratulations on a terrific debut for this season in competition, Rapid and Scott and the Nitro Madness team! Outstanding performance! GREAT speeds, man...and your ETs got you qualified up there, through the first round and into the final...sorry about the transbrake fizzing out on you right when ya needed it to hold...you're known as a cool hand on the line...and I agree, you would have won that race if not for the malfunction, but shoot, it was what it was, and that's drag racing, and heck, you did GREAT! There ain't a lot of us that went 174+mph in the 1/8 mile this weekend! Thanks for the update; now have some cake and get some rest! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun May 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Good deal Randy. What's next for the tranny? :?:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun May 28, 2006 10:49 pm

The first thing is to drain and inspect the fluid. If the fluid is just used up from heat, but has no debris in it, change it out, and test.

If it has stuff in it. It will come out and get a rebuild.

It was after 1:AM for the finals :shock: ,,,so we put it in the box with any checking of anything. :roll: :lol:
Last edited by Rapid Randy Baker on Sun May 28, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

JRX

Postby JRX » Sun May 28, 2006 10:50 pm

Thanks for the report Randy. You and the whole team have quite allot to be proud of. Great Job... Image
THR5 Communications

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon May 29, 2006 1:33 am

Randy, were proud of you all, man even though we can't always be there, all of us here are always rootin for ya, it's just like we are there!! Excellent job to the team!!! 8) Talk at ya guys tomorrow night, Larry has a cabin at the lake! Trish and I are going fishing!! Goin up to see if the Lake Loon Larry is still kickin! Later, and have a safe holiday to ya all! :wink: :D :D
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon May 29, 2006 6:52 am

I'm glad you did well Rapid!

(clutch 8) 8) :roll: )......i know i know
www.wallybell.com

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Mon May 29, 2006 10:08 am

:( Rapid, sorry to hear about your tranny problems. Seems to be going around this weekend. Loved the report and I felt like I went that fast just reading your post. Thanks.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon May 29, 2006 10:14 am

8) great show !!
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Barb

Postby Barb » Mon May 29, 2006 11:16 am

CONGRATULATIONS

You're always #1 here Randy. Keep up the great job and always make sure to have fun. 8)

Return to “What's Up”