BBQ Recipes

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Bob Kraemer
BBQ Recipes

Postby Bob Kraemer » Mon May 29, 2006 10:29 am

Since summer is upon us and grilling season is here I thought I would start a thread for grilling out. Please share your recipes with the rest of the gang.

Here are a couple of mine.

I like to take a couple of boneless chicken breasts, pierce the skin with a fork and marinate in Italian dressing mixed with a table spoon of Old Bay Seasoning for an hour, two or more and grill about 15 minutes per side.

The other is something my Dad came up with.
Peel a baking potato and cut into about 1/2in by 1/2in style french fries, place on a sheet of Alum. foil, add a pinch of salt, about a table spoon of butter and a couple of tablespoon's of creamy French dressing. Wrap up to seal and grill for about 10 minutes per side.
Be careful not to add to much butter and French dressing like I usually do!! Burnt edges of potatos don't taste to well
Last edited by Bob Kraemer on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Mon May 29, 2006 10:43 am

Grilled Whole Onion

Take one large Vadallia onion
Quarter almost to the root, so it spreads open
Place one beef bullion cube in center
Pack the sliced openings with butter
Double wrap with foil, shinny side in
Grille till onions are soft to your liking

This could almost be a desert as it tastes like candy.

ENJOY!

Mtn.man

Postby Mtn.man » Mon May 29, 2006 3:05 pm

can't give out my BBQ secrets..................... 8)
Walk softly, carry a Big Gun
and Thank You Troops!

JRX

Postby JRX » Mon May 29, 2006 3:29 pm

For the carb watchers out there......also works on pork chops and chicken...

Low Carb Rubbed Baby Back Ribs Recipe

Rub your ribs and enjoy...This ribs recipe has 0 carbs per serving.

Rub Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Sugar Twin Brown Sugar Replacement
1/4 Cup Paprika
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Ground Black Pepper
1 TBSP Sea Salt
1 tspn Cayenne Pepper
1 tspn Mustard Powder

Other Ingredients: 1 Full Rack of Baby Back Ribs
2 TBSP Olive Oil

Ribs Recipe Preparation:

1) Combine all the rub ingredients in a bowl and stir with a fork until well mixed.

2) Brush olive oil onto the ribs.

3) Sprinkle rub mixture liberally onto the ribs and rub in with your hands.

4) Place the ribs on your favorite grill and cook over medium-low heat for at least two hours. We don't turn the ribs at all.

Tip: Place a drip pan in the center of the grill with beer in it. Position the heated coals around the drip pan. This will help keep the ribs nice and juicy.
THR5 Communications

Bob Kraemer

Re: BBQ Recipes

Postby Bob Kraemer » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:18 pm

Since summer is upon us and grilling season is here I thought I would start a thread for grilling out. Please share your recipes with the rest of the gang.

Here are a couple of mine.

I like to take a couple of boneless chicken breasts, pierce the skin with a fork and marinate in Italian dressing mixed with a table spoon of Old Bay Seasoning for an hour, two or more and grill about 15 minutes per side.

The other is something my Dad came up with.
Peel a baking potato and cut into about 1/2in by 1/2in style french fries, place on a sheet of Alum. foil, add a pinch of salt, about a table spoon of butter and a couple of tablespoon's of creamy French dressing. Wrap up to seal and grill for about 10 minutes per side.
Be careful not to add to much butter and French dressing like I usually do!! Burnt edges of potato's don't taste to well
Here is an update for the grilled chicken.
Add some salt, pepper for taste, add about a teaspoon of dried thyme leaves and about a tablespoon or more of Worcestershire sauce. You will have to increase the amounts depending on how many chicken breasts you want to grill.
Just tried my new recipe and boy did taste good.
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:37 pm

Start with a big fat 1-1/2 in thick Kansas T-bone, turn on your Traeger grill, drink one beverage of your choice, throw the meat on, salt and pepper them, drink one more beverage of your choice, open the lid, turn them over, salt and pepper them, close the lid, put the switch on smoke, drink one more beverage, check the steaks, drink one more beverage if desired, enjoy. :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:37 am

now Dad Gummit,,,,Y'all gotta quit with all this fine vittles talk.....yer makin' this baloney/salami/chesse samitch feel awful weak :( :? :cry: :roll:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

rock

Postby rock » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:50 am

you mean you can afford meat and cheese man you are rich i just have a bread samitch

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:04 am

LOL....I guess that beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :shock: ... :wink:

ME?? Rich??.....Now THAT's FUNNY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Return to “What's Up”