Advice Please

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:48 pm

:idea: Cat, I found out today that the guy doing the pet pictures went to a local ball game and took some pics of the kids then went back to the next game with a collage of several kids on the team. The coach of the team saw his work and wanted a copy. $30.00 bucks a pop. The coach then asked him to fly to Kentucky to the playoffs and do some more. Payed his way, meals, everything. The people in Kentucky saw his work and want him to come down and do their kids. His phone has been smoking ever since. Think about it. Seems like something right up your alley. Good luck, Wheelz. :wink:

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:04 pm

SOMETHING is gonna fall in your lap, Cat.....you are TOO talented an individual to sit idle for much longer, my friend!

back before Christmas, a buddy of mine asked me about airbrushing a portrait for an elderly gent he does odd jobs for.....i told him I'd need to see a picture of what he had in mind......They brought me an oil painting of the man's sister (done back in '65).....showing her sitting on like a settee or somesuch......the background was black....her dress was black....all you could see was her lower legs, (very shapely BTW) her hands and her hair....covering her face with her right hand...and her hair cascading around that......no facial detail whatsoever.
The pic he wanted done(of his girlfriend) was to be in a similar fashion and pose......only one minor catch....She has VERY short hair.......it took a series of 5 different snapshots and photos and a great deal of artistic manipulating (and you could see a "portion" of the right side of her face, albeit in deep shadow) but I was able to pull it off....I even included her prized jewelery (bracelets, rings{sheesh what a rock he bought her} and necklaces....) The man like to had a stroke when I charged him $350....a week later I learned that a lady in these parts does portraits starting at $10,000!!!!.......I can't seem to catch a break either :roll:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Return to “What's Up”