INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:57 pm

Hello... My name is Eric.

On one car I have an alcohol and nitrous problem...

On another car I have an alcohol and nitro problem...

On another car I have a nitro and alcohol problem...

I sure HOPE there is no cure.... :lol:

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

Jim Kalb

Postby Jim Kalb » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:38 am

Well i know eric from ananother forum.WELCOME murff and tim. :D

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:31 am

Welcome guys. Nice to have you here. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:31 am

Welcome aboard, Murff and Tim. WildcatOne (John Bockelman) here, in Houston, Texas. Pro musician, Graphic Artiste and Drag Racing fanatic. I've been with DragList all my life. It's the best place for people like us to be contained. The entire history of the sport and its people, past, present and future are here...you made the right stop. Look forward to hearing about your projects, adventures, opinions and successes on and off the strip. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

racersforcoffee

Postby racersforcoffee » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:02 am

I'm Phil, and I live a few minutes south of Murff. I'm a social services wonk, card-carrying columnist (SEIU Local 775), Drag Culture-spewing old coot, Brotherhood of Street Racers advocate and retired AHRA Stock/ Bracket basher. I fall in love too easily with new militant 'movements' in the sport-'specially those which promise affordable racing for racers and fans, alike. T/S.....nostalgia....Pro Street.....can't wait for what's next!
You can find me most Weds. nights @ Kent, but..I also prefer Bremerton, Woodburn (where I stole my gal of 11 years...); plus Madras and Somoa.

....from Today's "To Do" list: retake Black Rock from the Burning Man peeps for LSR runs---with more outrageous guerilla theater antics then THEY can cook up.
The Free Market Of Ideas Works Both Ways

www.racersforcoffee.wordpress.com

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:00 pm

Glad to have you Phil. Our very own Gonzo journalist (a term that's overused and lame, I know...) I have so much respect for folks who can tell the truth to power. It's a hard thing to do and I don't always measure up. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:04 pm

Welcome Murff, always good to have another west coaster here.When you are travelling don't forget the Old Time Drags at Mission in August.
Welcome Tim,where are you from?

Murff

Postby Murff » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:28 pm

Welcome Murff, always good to have another west coaster here.When you are travelling don't forget the Old Time Drags at Mission in August.
Welcome Tim,where are you from?
Thanks for the welcomes, appreciate it.

Not too sure about running Mission, this year anyway. Getting back & forth across the border has gotten to be such a PITA what with passports and all, well I just don't know. I have a customer that runs there quite a bit, Paul Landry. Has an injected & turboed '66 Mustang running in the 8's I think.

Phil, I've read some of your posts and noticed that you're 'just down the street' from me. I'm sure we'll run into each other this spring / summer. My Wednesdays will be at Pacific for T&T until the new combination is sorted out. (Just between you and me, I don't much care for the new/current management team. I don't think they actually like racers too much).

But this is a great place to hang out. I'm in my 50's so I recognize a lot of the names and cars from my mis-spent youth hanging at Pacific and the long gone Puyallup strips.

Murff
Peace, Love & Groovy Vibes

racersforcoffee

Postby racersforcoffee » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:32 pm

....I'm pretty sure I've seen you around Murff--and folks, I'm pretty sure he LOOKS like that avatar....drawin' flies n' tech 'spectors. First Sunday we get clear in Feb. I expect to be out there. The thing I like about those early season sessions is the flat inclusive vibe--import kids cheering on good runs by muscle cars..grandpas checkin' out the Honda "skateboard coupes".
What we might agree on is how someone like Livingston can give Woodburn the same howdy to ya that a decent speed shop can. I miss Jim Green's glory days--and am a major proponent of giving the little guy sponsors more of a voice in this sport..and how did I get off on that tangent, anyhoo?

Welcome circuit riders...grogs...statrats... Ladies and Gentlemen.

And thanks for being the best host in Virtual Drag Racing, Mr. P.
The Free Market Of Ideas Works Both Ways

www.racersforcoffee.wordpress.com

Jim Kalb

Postby Jim Kalb » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:46 am

WELCOME Phil.and have fun,it's a blast around here. :D

Return to “What's Up”