June 6th...D Day

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Gator
June 6th...D Day

Postby Gator » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:29 am

Flag Flying, honoring those brave Americans.
Greatest invasion in the history of war.
Hitler and his henchman, soon were all done.
www.wallybell.com

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:33 am

Good post Gator,,man the dedication to your beliefs that must have taken to accomplish the goal!
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:25 am

That and the fact your wife, kids, family and friends were back home counting on YOU to keep them safe!! Thank the GOOD LORD for avictory! :D
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:21 pm

"The Longest Day" was a great chronology of the D-Day invasion of Europe from the English Channel; it even had humor and irony in it...but "Saving Private Ryan" showed the actual savage reality that those heros faced...charging straight into heavy machine-gun fire right out of the landing craft...basicallly no prisoners were taken from the front lines once they got up there. My dentist in Galveston when I was a kid, Dr. Nillen, was first out of the gate at Omaha Beach in Normandie. He had his medal framed in his office. It had to be done. That was the part of it that was so painful for me to understand. It absolutely had to take place. There was no way to stop the madness of the Nazis other than to march right over them and destroy them. Nothing else would have put an end to that terror. I remember reading an interview with Marv Levy, the coach of the Buffalo Bills that had 'em in those Super Bowls all those years. He said the reason Hitler didn't win World War II was because he proved he couldn't win on the road against a decent opponent...so finally the Allies went into his home field and kicked his butt...God Bless the heros of D-Day. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Return to “What's Up”