NHRA's big problem

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Shane Boyungs

Postby Shane Boyungs » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:04 am

I know my opinion isn't going to be very popular but here goes anyhow..

What John force DID was against the rules of NHRA.. NHRA has there head so far up his arse there is no way they would have thrown out the run even if John told them he tanked it..

Allot of people keep saying its been happening for ever but guess what it wasn't against the damn rules then. It is now so its wrong to do it... Then i hear the sorry ass excuse about it was a buisness decision .. Are you kidding me? So if another team cheats you wouldn't have a issue with it? Lets say Greg Anderson figures out some traction control and goes on another long winning streak.. When he is caught he says well you know I will do whatever it takes to get my team into the countdown.. I am sure you guys will be alright with that right?

Another thing that gets me going.. I have heard the weak ass excuse "If cruz would had a better season he wouldnt have had to worry about it" Guess what.. Robert had the same shitty season and they were fighting for the same spot.. Cruz lost his spot but Robert was gift wrapped his..

For the guys who say Tony would have done the same thing.. I think your full of it.. Brainerd he beat him and prolly cost him the spot in the countdown.. I am not buying into the whole deal of the Pedgregons having no class and this is there fault... If john would have raced heads up and been a fricking man about it we wouldn't have had this issue to begin with...

Lets see He choose the wrong lane on purpose stating he had his best run in that lane.. yeah that was a cpl days ago in fricking Q.. Every other fuel car with lane choice that round took the left lane.. Why then did John take the right? He had a.209 r/t are you kidding me? Then drove it out of the groove (Very smart cause its impossible to prove) so it would smoke the tires... He also said prior to this "I will Do whatever it takes to get my teams in the countdown.. As Dunn said "The fix is in"

No matter who you root for (I am a ashley force fan) you have to admit breaking the rules is wrong... We also know NHRA will do nothing to john force no matter what. He put his hands on a official and should be taken to task for it... Huge fine and all...
Last edited by Shane Boyungs on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:06 am

I have to mention something that I heard Robert say when he climbed out of the car and was handed his can of Full Throttle...."I can't believe we did that..."
Did he "know" the camera was on him?...Was he refering to getting into the 10th position? Was he refering to what John {alledgedly :roll: } did for him? Hard to say on any of the above questions.

I will forever be a fan of NHRA, regardless of the feelings I personally have about their treatment of the sportsman classes...to that end, I just don't try to run with the division program, rather I (when I can ) run with alternate sanctions and series. I DO keep my equipment and license up to NHRA standards, and wish whole heartedly that ALL racers would do the same.
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:23 am

You're asking too much. Change the rules. If you don't want the fox to eat the chicken, you keep them separated. You don't put them in the same pen and then expect the fox to do the right thing. Either outlaw multi car teams or suck it up and deal with reality. I prefer the first option. Let guys like Force and Shoe field a TF, FC, PS, and PSB team. Hell, they should give Pro Mod its due and that gives each owner five potential teams. But to sit here and tell Force or anyone else what they should have done when we ourselves have no skin in the game -- i.e., MILLIONS invested -- is keyboard jockeying at its worst. You can't legislate morality and you can't prove a dive. If this situation is truly disturbing to you, your efforts for reform should be pointed in the direction of Glendora, California. bp
Last edited by draglist on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:30 am

I believe that's what Joe Gibbs did with his team of cars...a T/F, F/C and a P/S...Goes to show that it DOES work...Good point, BP! :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Shane Boyungs

Postby Shane Boyungs » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:51 am

This is what I love about this place.. You can actaully have a civil debate... That is what makes this the best forum on the net....

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks, Shane. I appreciate everyone's opinion and glad to provide the forum. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

bandit

Postby bandit » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:16 pm

If they outlaw multi car teams, there might not be enough cars to run 1 time down Bruton's track! :shock:
Nano!!

Shane Boyungs

Postby Shane Boyungs » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Funny Car racer John Force has been fined $10,000 by the NHRA for an incident involving physical contact with an NHRA official on Monday, Sept. 7 during the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals presented by Lucas Oil at O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis.

Videotape from the event showed Force making physical contact with an NHRA official at the top end of the race track during a confrontation with fellow Funny Car driver Tony Pedregon. Such physical contact violates the Participant Conduct policy as stated in the 2009 NHRA Rulebook. The fine, which can be appealed by Force, must be paid in full prior to participation at any future NHRA event.

Not a huge fine but at least he got one...[

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:29 pm

I think Casella should be fined for having the guy in the tower throw a .500 tree on me at Eddyville. :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

WCB

Postby WCB » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm

:D :D :D :D
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”