NHRA's big problem

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:41 pm

I think Casella should be fined for having the guy in the tower throw a .500 tree on me at Eddyville. :lol:
I 'hink Mike should come back next year for a rematch. :wink:

A do over if you will............ :D
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:48 pm

Fine with me, we'll let BP flag us off. :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 pm

We could do T'Shirts, Hats, Die Cast Models, This could be ...........BIG.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:22 pm

For sure on the flag start... just don't expect too much of a vertical leap! :lol:

Back to Force... so somebody puts his hands on you and you push him off and it's 10 grand. Wow.

Let me tell you something from my bad old days, guys. The last thing you need when you are toe to toe with somebody is to have some clown come up and tie your hands up in an attempt to "pull you back." This leaves the other guy free and clear to take any shot he wants. Whoever that guy was, he should have kept his mitts off. If John struck Tony, that would have been another story.

It's a circus and a money grab. I don't give a crap. Just run 'em and I'll record the ETs... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:00 am

What John force DID was against the rules of NHRA.. ...
Prove it. You say yourself later in yer post that it's "imposible".

Thats why this rule should be dropped. You Can't enforce it.

Just like when a pitcher deliberately walks a batter. Just let the "dive" car say "I PASS". Let the other make a single. No need to take a chance on an oil down for nothin.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:05 am

Whoever that guy was, he should have kept his mitts off. . bp
Right on BP. If anyone should get fined , it's him. He's the ONLY one that put his hands on someone.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:46 am

Angelle did that against her team mate, John Myers...She stepped off her bike and stood beside it and let John take the single...(HE was in the points chase and she was a rookie) She got hammered in the media and on the world wide web for that...and the waterworks began :roll:
She later said (something to the effect of...)" I didn't want to insult anyone's intelligence by going blatantly red or taking a nap at the tree"...
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Shane Boyungs

Postby Shane Boyungs » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:51 am

Guys get a grip John force is not the end all be all of drag racing..

The "Guy" was a track official.. Your not allowed to touch any official in that way.. He was doing the "JOB" he was hired to do...

If you guys honestly believe it was alright for force to put his hands on a official I am definatly in the wrong forums....

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:02 am

You are in the right forum, Shane...What Force did (to the official) was wrong....UNderstandable, but wrong.

Force had tunel vision for Tony...he wanted a piece of him...The track official was not even in Force's field of vision. When the official put his arm out in front of Force (to help keep he and Tony separated) Force treated that arm like a vine hanging over a path in the woods or a spider web flapping in the breeze....He swatted it out of his way. Ooops...so NHRA fined him for striking a race official.

One thing I will give Tony credit for in all this hoopla...He never changed his demeanor (much :roll: ) but kept asking..."Have I said anything that is not the truth?"...John was the one spoiling for a fight....Hmmm....me thinks he doth protest too much :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WCB

Postby WCB » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:58 am

Regadless of Any and All Opinions ( and everybody has a right to them) ,the "incident" got lots of attention......... 8)

I've seen, and have been a part of situations like this. ( going way way back too)

I agree with Bill regarding "restraining".....Even today, I personally don't like (at all) , someone putting hands on me....Hell , who does? Even "cute" remarks from bystanders during a "debate" p*ss me off.......

Bret's right on regarding "situations" through the years.....nhra and elsewhere

Yup,like it or not, Motorsports is a team sport.....
I like it just fine.........

Rock on !
Last edited by WCB on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”