2010 DragList.com Calendar

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
greenracing

Postby greenracing » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:09 pm

I know Denny's funny car is a '79 Trans Am, and they're from Akron, OH.

And it's for sale...

Perry

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks, Perry...that fixes that...I spelled his name Danny...I'll fix that, too! WC1
Last edited by WildcatOne on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

RememberWhen

Postby RememberWhen » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:25 pm

WC thanks for including the Rememberwhen HenryJ. Great job!!! Thank you again. I will sent you email an order>
1951 Henry J Top Sportsman NHRA
Fastest Steel Body Henry J in the USA
Best ET 7.39 188 mph in 2009.
Dave Granger -Owner/Driver Just get in and DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Wiley Co-Owner Crew Chief

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:01 am

Great, Dave/Kathie! Thanks! I got an email from Dave this morning and I'm going to help him set up a thread in Super Crew Team Reports with pictures of the car and so on. It is an excellent hot rod and certainly worthy of a space on DragList. Dave, thanks for the LARGE order, too! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:27 pm

JA Wildcat 1 John B (remember that song John B - who sang it?) Thanks a MILLION for including me on the DRAGLIST 2010 calendar and the (JA) JAck Approved Decal. I also had a reply on the JAck Approved Flyers Club site or thread or whatever you call it. You are one GIFTED guy. Not only in music but a GREAT make-up man. BOY, do I have a surprise for you RH and Bill Pratt next year.
You members of DRAGLIST.com don't forget to join the racersreunion.com and the Project 1320 too. Hope to see you there too.
Members of draglist.com - if you are from the West or Midwest and going to Bowling Green, please plan to be at Md. Intl. Raceway the week after. You can plan a sighseeing tour of Va., Md. and D.C.
It is a (JA) Jack Approved Meet and also a DRAGLIST EAST II Meet.
Jack Approved!

Iowa Al

Sloop John B

Postby Iowa Al » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:08 pm

John B was another great Beach Boys tune.
I think from the Pet Sounds album?
IA Al

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Thank you, JAck! And thanks for the link, Jean! What great times those were...At the bottom of this post is the history of "Sloop John B". It's incredible how that song got to where it was, but it took nobody else but the Beach Boys to make it the great anthem it became. I had the privilege of seeing that song done live by Brian Wilson with a 14-piece orchestra a few years ago (Thanks to wife Debby for that) and it was a great moment in that concert. Brian isn't as sharp nowadays as he was in the mid-60s but he did have a great show for that tour.

I'm involved in a lot of graphics projects, but hot rods and hot rod people are by far the best kind of folks and images to work with. I enjoy all of it.

Finding DragList is one of those things I can say...changed my life, much for the better. I don't think I'd be doing anything like this now if I hadn't done that search for Fuel Altereds one day in 2003 and ended up here.

It was BP's idea to make a calendar. He saw a poster I made for Wild Wil Trower last year and he made a comment that it would be great to have a DragList deal like that. The instant I read what he posted, I could "see" it...he had a great idea that hopefully will help promote and spread the word about this site.

It HAS to be JAck Approved or it ain't legit! Thanks! WC1

PS: I have a page on dragracersreunion.com...I think I joined Project 1320...I'll check on that! Cat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloop_John_B
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 pm

The calendar file was sent to Xeikon in Nashville just now. Oh, yeah, and it's Nashville, not Memphis...I must have seen Elvis at a thousand feet or something...anyway, the box containing the posters, full color, printed on 100# cover stock will be arriving here by UPS Ground in about a week or so. We got plenty made to cover everybody, so don't scrimp...Hey, how can you think about money at a time like this? Cheers, WC1

I did include across the bottom a "Special Thanks To:" line.
BP (for everything), Rocky Ausec (for giving me the idea to have the 4 special features), Zappy (for contributing pictures and info), Eddyville Raceway Park (for hosting the DragList Nationals), Al Booton and Kathie Nicolet (for pictures and info), Danny & Gena White (for hundreds of great pictures), Randy Baker, Greg Green, Danny Miller, Roger Stanke and Mark Worden (for staging the wildest Funny Car Match Race the DragList Nationals could ever have hoped for), and Gary Spear, Dennis Holas, Don Phillips and Chet Bain (for photos).

No matter how many times I check my work, I can't remember ever having a perfect final product. If anything turns out to be typo'd or the hometown isn't exactly where you are or something, I apologize in advance for any shortcomings on my part...but I did check everything over a hundred times before it was sent...

So now it's time to order if you haven't already. I saved each order and you will definitely get what you asked for. Don't pay until you get 'em.
Look on the mailing tube to see what the postage was and include that on the price of each poster. Then send that amount to BP either through his PayPal account or to the mailing address he will provide.

Send orders via email to:
johnrbockelman@gmail.com

OK, BP...time to jump in here and let us know what the posters will cost and how to process their payments...

Thanks again, everybody!
WildcatOne
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Thought everyone might like to see the Henry J - we've just recently added Dave to our readers rides pages so we've got a pic handy.

Image[/i]

Return to “What's Up”