ZAPPY RACING ANNOUNCEMENT

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy
ZAPPY RACING ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Zappy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:58 pm

DATE LINE DRAG CITY
FOR IMEDIATE RELESE :

Zappy Racing announced today (Oct. 19) that they have united with CCM - CALSSY CART MOTORSPORTS, for the upcomming Golf Cart Nationals in Jan. of 2010.

This will make CCM the first known 2 cart team in the world of drag carts.

In an interview (from his living room) Zappy was quoted: "I'm very pleased to be the new TEAM DRIVER for CCM, along with Daryl."

He further stated : "CCM is well known for their stock, custom, and exhibition carts. Who can forget the SEMI cart they built. CCM plans to break into the Drag Cart world in a big way by fielding 2 carts at the season opener WINTER NATIONALS in Ohio, Jan. 9th 2010."

When asked about power type Zappy said : "as you know CLASSY CART MOTORSPORTS deals with both gas and electric powered carts. As of now the crewchief has not decided whether we will field 2 gas, 2 elect., or one of each."

"I have many hrs. seat time in EZ GO, CLUB CAR, YAMAHA, ect. with roofs / without roofs, both gas & elect. so I am fine with either" Zap said.

When asked about the contract Zap stated : "As of now it's a one race deal, but it's a start." "The contract is open ended by both sides." "We will see how we do at the Nationals, and see where the rest of the schedual is going to be held".
:wink: :lol: :wink: :D
Last edited by Zappy on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Wow. For the first time in history, the driver of a drag racing team will have a uniform that is louder than the car! :lol: Congrats and good luck, Zappy! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 pm

This is great news! But what about "team orders" if you're paired up against each other? :evil:
The other teams might complain (don't get mad at them...even JFR can miss a clutch setup with lane choice) and we'd have another controversy to deal with! :roll:
Let the good times roll! Great going, guys! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:02 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Cool Deal Zap 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Photos & reports Mandatory. :wink:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:05 pm

BP, great minds think alike. I was thinkin this may be a good time to don the blue flame suit. :lol:

While I would NEVER do anything to embarrass my sponsor...I'm thinkin these guys must have a sence of humor. Afterall they ARE drag racing golf carts. :lol:

Wild cat, I already asked about "team orders" should Daryl & I face each other in elims. I was assured there would be NO team orders for THIS race.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Congrats on the new ride Zappy! The team is lucky to have you buddy. Looking forward to the updates as things happen. 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks Randy, I'm really lookin forward to this. It should be a hoot.
But make no mistake... I'm in it - to win it.

But I do expect some laughs along the way too.

Now, where IS that rule book..... :wink: :wink:

RH

Postby RH » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Zapp,
Please send video of you licenseing passes. Do you do like a 25' a 50' and then an all out? :lol:
Congrats on the gig :D

RH
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:31 pm

RH, I'm not expecting any licenseing passes, as I've spent years in golf carts. But if required, I will. And will report on everything along the way.

I've driven a wide variety of vehicles in my time from lawn tractors to 18 wheelers - ducks to dragsters - motorcycles to busses, so i'm hopin these will do.

But if not I plan to attend the TIGER WOODS School of golf carts. :lol:

I see a lot of potential for humor here, so I plan to have fun with it.
So if you want a occasional chuckle.....stay tuned.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Now was'nt there someone on here that offered discount "HERO" cards ??
For Draglist members ??? :wink:

Greg Green

Postby Greg Green » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 pm

That's great Zappy! Now, if you get one of those gas ones, just tip the nitro jug a little and let her fly..lol

Return to “What's Up”