Bruton Smith's dog & pony show...just what I thought!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
RH
Bruton Smith's dog & pony show...just what I thought!

Postby RH » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:55 pm

I guess NHRA has no real concept of drag racing heritage though they do give it lip service.
Do away with the 1/4 mile and now for 2010 4 lane pro qualifying AND eliminations with a wacky format.
It won't be long before we'll have a school bus jumping 50 bicycles instead of wheelstanders. :cry:

I'm sending off my AHRA membership asap!

Please support your local dragstrip that supports real drag racing.

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

WCB

Re: Bruton Smith's dog & pony show...just what I thought!

Postby WCB » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:57 pm

I totally agree Ron.......(re: the 4 lane idiocy)..funny how Smith suddenly thinks Drag Racing's hot stuff ? ( on a positive note re: "that"...Our sport is "Big Time" and has been....He just discovered that..(a few years ago)

1000 ft. , I like.......
www.wallybell.com

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:22 pm

JA RH, Did you know that the new (version) AHRA is (JA) JAck Approved? Plus their three national events scheduled so far in 2010. My 2010 JA Meets will be listed soon including (naturally) the Draglist.com Nationals East/BestofTimes Meet.
Jack Approved!

Andamo

Postby Andamo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:44 pm

What ever happened to the NHRA motto " Dedicated To Safety " God forbid that all 4 cars would wreck at one time. Do they have the manpower and safety equipment to handle something like that ? You're putting a hell of a big safety burden on the safety workers. Another NHRA idiotic move !
Be kind to whomever you meet, because everyones fighting some kind of battle.

WCB

Postby WCB » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Adamo, It's a "Brutie" move I think..not nhra so much..I agree, re: serious Safey concerns...Staging ought to be a 3 ring circus ( it would be if I was running 4 wide) :D
www.wallybell.com

Andamo

Postby Andamo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Wally, that's true, it is a "Brutie" move and not the NHRA. But he's just providing the track for the NHRA to run their event on. That's probably the NHRA telling Brutie, "thanks for not attempting to buy us now" and you can do whatever you want.
Be kind to whomever you meet, because everyones fighting some kind of battle.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Seems I'm the minority here. I think it's great. I'm sure they will have safty crews for both tracks...they'ld be crazy NOT to.
This could lead to good things. Lets give it a try & see how well it works.

Barb

Postby Barb » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm in total agreement with a safety issue. Think back a couple of years when Shoe had the horrific crash at Memphis Motorsports Park. Or Brandon at Englishtown. Or Cory Mac or Larry Dixon at Bristol's Thunder Valley. I guess I also need to include the devistation of the incident between John Force and Kenny Bernstein at the Texas Motorplex. How about Kenny Koretsky and Bruce Allen. All these incidents were running two cars at a time. What would it be like running 4 at a time and an unfortunate situation raise it's ugly head? There was a time and place for running 4 at a time but not in today's world with the horsepower they have.
Families are like fudge .. mostly sweet with a few NUTZ!!!!

RH

Postby RH » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Seems I'm the minority here. I think it's great. I'm sure they will have safty crews for both tracks...they'ld be crazy NOT to.
This could lead to good things. Lets give it a try & see how well it works.
Zapp,
I have a selfish issue here and I believe others might to.I !!!! like to watch the mechanics of a pass.Really not too concerned over the winner and the loser but I!!! like to see the tree job being done,how the car reacts,who drives thru the clutch,who pedals what etc.Thats a lot to take in in a brief 3+ seconds with only 2 cars going down the track....just insane to imagine doing it with 4. Plus...how the heck is the starter going to run his operation?,I like the staging duels and line games.To me drag racing has and always will be two drivers racing each other to the win light....If I want to see 4 cars it'll be a pair of side by side passes,not 4 cars running a pass.Why not run 8 at a time and after 2 passes we can have a final?......
If I want to see 4 cars running side by side I can give Bruton the money and see it at one of his NASCAR tracks.It's cool and accepted there.
Just my opinion and we all know the saying about those! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Return to “What's Up”