Shirley and Sampey in Top Fuel

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Chris Gerber
Re: Shirley and Sampey in Top Fuel

Postby Chris Gerber » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 am

Has anyone else thought about Shirley during the past few week Danica Patrick/NASCAR marketing blitz? Our sport, 30 years ago, had a single mom out there not only competing, but winning championships.

Living with three women, 6 and 9 year old daughters and a pretty wife, I do appreciate the story of a hard working RESPECTABLE woman succeeding in life. Shirley has much to do with what is good in drag racing today IMO.

bandit

Postby bandit » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Facebook (Crash Gladys) reported today that Angelle is retiring.
Nano!!

WCB

Postby WCB » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:12 pm

8)
www.wallybell.com

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Yup, heard the deal fell apart and she's talking about retirement and home life.
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Good luck, Angelle! Prosper and live well! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:21 am

As some of you may already be well aware of this-- Several years ago Angelle Sampey caused a media frenzy when she introduced "Andy", her baby pet monkey to the drag racing community... As much as Angelle truly loved Andy, often showing her deep affection by dressing him up in his own "customized racing attire", truth be told, when Andy started getting older, Angelle came to the stark realization that it just wasn't a good idea to have a monkey as a pet-- Angelle then went on to do the right thing and place Andy in a proper animal sanctuary... Since then, both Angelle and myself have been advocating to the drag racing community, that monkeys and chimps should NOT be brought into our homes as pets... That said, here's just a quick related TV programming note... For those of you who still might not be completely convinced of Angelle Sampey's and my advice that taking a monkey into your home as a pet is a huge mistake, I ask that you tune-in on Wednesday to the Oprah Winfrey show-- There will be special re-run of Oprah's interview with chimpanzee attack victim Charla Nash... I strongly suggest TIVOing and/or recording the broadcast, especially if you have children, this way, if one day your kids should ever express a desire and demand that you purchase them a pet monkey, all you'll have to do is play this interview, and your kids will immediately get a "reality check", and realize that they'd be much better off getting a dog, cat, hamster, gerbil, snail, or goldfish... I can guarantee you that anyone who watches this interview will not ever want a monkey for a pet... This is proof positive that chimps have no place in our homes... I give Charla Nash lots of credit for being courageous enough to go on Oprah and show the world what these animals are capable of... And I also applaud Oprah Winfrey for having the courage to air this show for millions of viewers to learn from... Oprah is definitely doing the world a great service... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Agreed here from having had neighbors who had a pet monkey 40 years ago. My prayers go to Ms. Nash. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Barb

Postby Barb » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:20 am

I think I'll keep my gorilli around .. he's real cute and cuddly. Plus that, Ms. Sharon like him too :mrgreen:

Billy, thanks for the vote of confidence .. bin fun but I'm dun :D
Families are like fudge .. mostly sweet with a few NUTZ!!!!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:28 am

8) and :cry: all at the same time Barb... :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Return to “What's Up”