New Or Old?

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
WildcatOne
Re: New Or Old?

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:12 pm

We can see who really runs the NHRA in this deal. What the racers said means not one thing to the suits. If it did, they would have gone to the racers in the first place and asked them before they decided to run this deal, anyway. Aside from that, PRO doesn't seem to have the unity, clout, freedom from sponsorship contracts or will power to pull off a successful boycott. When Garlits ran an event on the same weekend as Indy back in the early 70s, it was a disaster from an organizational standpoint and the racers were even more angry about how that event turned out than the one NHRA put on that they were protesting. True, that was then...
With guys like Bernstein, Schumacher, Kalitta (I think Force is still not a member of PRO. He resigned when Bernstein named Ray Alley as the crew chief of the Monster Energy FC...he said that was a coincidence) and others, they maybe could actually do something if their sponsors allowed it. But it's the POINTS that control where, when, and now, HOW they race, in addition to the contracts they have with their sponsors. The safety and risks appear to be just minor inconveniences to the guys who paved a second drag strip and look at TV ratings, revenues and the money aspects of that deal. Thing is, that event would have sold just as many tickets if they ran it the same as the rest of them do, wouldn't it? This looks to me like it's one rich guy screwing everything up with his idea. The racers will have to show up and race. My opinion. Good luck and safe racing to all. Cheers, WC1

PS: I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of an attempt to organize a fan boycott, petition or protest, but since I can't go to the event anyway, the most I could do is avoid
following it on the internet or TV. "What a revolting development this is!" Looks like a slap in the face and an embarrassment to the pros. So what...Cat
Last edited by WildcatOne on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

bandit

Postby bandit » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Maybe Bruton should build a sixteen lane dragstrip. The whole class could be over in 4 seconds! Think of all the money saved then!! :shock: :wink: :roll: :P
Nano!!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:37 pm

"What a revolting development this is!" Looks like a slap in the face and an embarrassment to the pros. So what...Cat
Who said that Cat, I'm goin nuts...Was it Jimmy??? or Jackie???

I agree about the "embarrassment to the pros," but they did it to themselves.
They drew a line in the sand.....then folded when the wind blew. Truly a shame :cry:

WCB

Postby WCB » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:01 pm

:?:
www.wallybell.com

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Your'e in the same era, Zap, but as I recall it was William Bendix as "Riley". Cheers, WC1
Attachments
LifeOfRiley.jpg
LifeOfRiley.jpg (80.65KiB)Viewed 550 times
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Yes thats it "The Life of Riley". That was his famouse line when ever he got in trouble.
"What a revolting development this is." Man you took me down memory lane Cat-Man.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:56 pm

I guess that's why I quoted Riley...that saying seemed to fit the occasion! Anyway, looks like 4-wide is here for a while, like it or not...and A-waaay we go! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Anyway, looks like 4-wide is here for a while,
Yes it is, but not to worry. They will get the tree fixed, and ESPN will improve the camera placement.

Mrs. Stimpy

Postby Mrs. Stimpy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:29 am

Maybe Bruton should build a sixteen lane dragstrip. The whole class could be over in 4 seconds! Think of all the money saved then!! :shock: :wink: :roll: :P

and put left turns at the end of the shutdown areas .. oh nevermind they did its called NAscrap ...

WCB

Re: New Or Old? / 4 lane drag racing, etc.

Postby WCB » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 am

Camera Placements ????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series Races were Great yeserday..Yup, on a Monday ! Cool....

Motorsports...I, for one (and milions of others), love it.( Oval, sports car, monster trucks & Most of All ADRL..EIGHTH MILE 8) Pro Drag Racing

Yup, once a year, Bruties "dusting off" of a really old concept ( Four Abreast), :D ...I guess we'll have to live with it..after all , he might take his ball and go home..
Pro Drag Racing lived quite well without him and will live on After Him.....Fact
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”