Oil Spill

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Oil Spill

Postby pro70z28 » Sat May 01, 2010 12:22 am

Watching the10pm news tonight I saw some familiar sights from Plaquimine's Parish down in LA. When they talked about the fishermen down in Venice I recognized some of the buildings. I thought I'd dig up some of those pics. from post Katrina & Rita but they are buried someplace. I found these two. The Venice sign is just outside the levy. You can't go very many miles in any direction but north from there before you get your feet wet. Along with the shrimping they say some of the best recreational fishing in the world takes place beyond this sign. We were down by the fish house when they came in one night. I forget what they pay to rent a boat & guide for the day,...... big bux. I'd just go to the deli and buy it ready to cook, but that's just me. :mrgreen: Sad to think those guys are going to get hit with yet another disaster.

I was standing on the levy just south of Buras when I took this pic.

15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Mrs. Stimpy

Re: Oil Spill

Postby Mrs. Stimpy » Sat May 01, 2010 11:53 pm

hope they get it done capped quick as alot of people are going to be hurting again financially with all the huricanes and now this .

Diana The Doc

Re: Oil Spill

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue May 04, 2010 9:47 am

This is clearly an environmental catastrophe of massive proportion... Engineers simply can't understand why the oil rig's so-called "sophisticated shut-off technology" failed so miserably in this instance-- All we can do is hope and pray that this fiasco gets "capped" quickly-- And that the clean-up will be done in an expedient manner ... Fishermen are going to take a severe financial beating as a result of this tragedy-- Their businesses are at risk of becoming history... This is a major economic blow for lots of different fishing and coastal related businesses... Wildlife will dramatically suffer, so many innocent animals and critters with no voice in this matter are surely doomed-- It's a sad state of affairs for "Mother Nature"... There's no way to put a positive spin on this incident... This is just plain bad news for lots of people, wildlife and a large span of an already fragile ecosystem... I hope that if anything, we learn a much needed lesson from this, and that we take significant steps in the future to ensure this never happens again... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Return to “What's Up”