BOT - DLE - REPORT

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy
BOT - DLE - REPORT

Postby Zappy » Tue May 18, 2010 11:45 am

WOW !!! What an event. If ya missed it, you really did miss a great time. There was SO much happening, between the racing and all the super displays in the pits, along with the Thunderlungs show every day, not to mention the show cars.
I know I did'nt see it all and I was there three days.

I got to meet (not just meet) but visit with RH, who was very busy but spent time with us. Also had lots of laughs with Jack Redd. ( I think I even got officaly Jack Approved Too ). Spent time with OHIO DAVE taking pics, real nice guy.
Got to meet Bob Wenzelburger, and his wife, who kept BP real busy loading pics. He was very interesting to talk with. Got to talk with Jon Lundburg, very friendly, nice guy. (I invited him to E-Ville) Talked with Hemi Freds son Nick several times, a very neat young man with a lot of potential. I think we'll see more from him in the future.

Then of course there was the folks we knew already, 23T, and CraftyGirl, - Wheelzman and Mrs. our fearless leader BP. We all went to dinner Sun. nite at Italian place next to the track and had a great time. Sat. nite we went to Lone Star, great meals and lots of laughs at both.

Daryl put on a great show with the wheelstander with a suprise move........but I'll let him tell about that.
(they let me sit in it and simulated a wheelie-WOW!!! - WAY COOL - I'm hooked )
Also his altered group did a fine show with side by side burn outs and close competition.

I was very impressed with VMP. The track was great (very low alt) I did'nt take a reading at the track, but on the way it was between 45 to 130 ft. The staff was super friendly. The race itself was extremely safe.
No one touched a wall...
no bad blow ups...
no fires...
no crashes...
all that racing - with a lot of very high powered cars - and they never even lost one cone. OUTSTANDING
That shows the quality of cars and the drivers.

All I can say is...if they do it next year, I'M SO THERE, and you need to be there too.
Thats what I did last weekend......Zap

WildcatOne

Re: BOT - DLE - REPORT

Postby WildcatOne » Tue May 18, 2010 11:56 am

Great report and summary of the event, Zappy! No doubt with you there it was twice as good! The pictures I saw spoke for themselves...I was completely enthralled with it. Fantastic job by all involved, and I hope it becomes an annual co-event that we can all be proud of. Thanks for the update! Best Of Times and DragList are a really good fit...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue May 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks Cat. Yer right a summary is all I gave. There was much more. Like the quality of the show cars, man I'm talkin "PRIMO" like USDA CHOICE. I'm sure they are pictured, I got home late last night and haven't seen them yet.

Oh yeah , another thing, they even had some flag man starts for the crowd to enjoy and I put on the flame vest and put Daryl (23T) in the beams in his altered. I'm tellin ya we had a blast.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue May 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Nice story Zapp. Sounds like a great place with lots of good friends hanging out and racing. 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Tue May 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Zappy, can you email me the picture of me with Bunny since ~someone~ was too busy pushing their golf cart around to take a picture with my camera? :roll: :lol:
Thanks, see you on Sunday!

23t

Postby 23t » Tue May 18, 2010 9:26 pm

Zappy, can you email me the picture of me with Bunny since ~someone~ was too busy pushing their golf cart around to take a picture with my camera? :roll: :lol:
Be nice now or I tell everyone about the parachute mishap you caused! :)

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Zappy, can you email me the picture of me with Bunny
Sure will. Oh wait, I can copy and bring it this weekend. :D

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Wed May 19, 2010 8:42 am

Well, you already told quite a few people about it.....anyway, I'm not so embarrassed now, it's actually kinda funny! :lol: :D :mrgreen:

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Wed May 19, 2010 8:43 am

Sure will. Oh wait, I can copy and bring it this weekend. :D
Thank you sir!

RH

Postby RH » Wed May 19, 2010 2:18 pm

I'll bet she thought you wanted to bleed the launcher line :wink: ....and a chute really is kind of a 'brake" :lol:
Next time you need to be more specific T!
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Return to “What's Up”