23T doesn't have a computer anymore

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy
Re: 23T doesn't have a computer anymore

Postby Zappy » Fri May 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Crafty, with the laptop gone, I checked the weather for Daryl. MCIR Sat. chance of t-storms, hi 75
Sun. partly cloudy, hi 81. See ya Sun.

OhioDave

Postby OhioDave » Fri May 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Hope they catch them soon from up here too! And I thought we had all the crime in Ohio - Will be sending you several emails with a couple of pics at a time - I think in total with the cart sequence there are about 20 Including a burnout across the line!!!!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat May 22, 2010 12:26 am

Ohio Dave, that should help put a smile on his face. I can't wait to see them too. 8) 8)

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat May 22, 2010 1:32 am

Great going on that deal, Dave. :P
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

23t

Postby 23t » Sat May 22, 2010 7:17 am

I'm back!! Somewhat anyway! Will see if I can get everything set up on this new laptop.

I've never experienced these kind of feeling before. To walk in the shop, noticed books were moved on my counter top, to look down at my desk and see my laptop gone, right beside the laptop my guns are gone. A sinking feeling inside. :shock: Then to turn on the light in the shop and see a window broke out and how they gained access. That's when it really hit me. I've been robbed!! :shock: :shock:

Who ever climbed in the window, stepped on the shelf of my welding bench, without knocking anything off, went straight for my office. Now on my welding bench, inches from where they had to step, was 2 four inch grinders and a saws-all. They didn't take any of my tools! YET!!!! :shock: One of the guns they took was a semi auto that used a clip to hold the shells. It was laying 12" from my laptop on my desk next to a box of shells, they left that behind. :roll:

I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep at home so I spent Thursday night here at the shop snuggled up to my 16 gauge. I was hoping they would come back because I was ready to shot first ask question later! Dead men tell know tails nor will they steal again!!! So now in "fear" of them seeing what I have in my shop and "fear" they may come back and do it again. I've spent the last two days building and installing 1" bars on my windows and trying to think of ways to make the shop more secure. This sure does disrupt ones life.

I'll watch what I say on here just incase they were able to break my password to unlock my laptop. But I will say this, they left behind some personal evidents that I think can be used to maybe find the theives! :D

The good part is I'm back!!! Life goes on!! Thanks everyone for your concerns.

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Sat May 22, 2010 7:41 am

Wheelz - come on up! Just remember....once you enter Classy Carts Prison, you may not get out - heehee :lol: :wink:

Zappy - we won't be getting rained this time! Have a safe trip down and we'll see you tomorrow.

Dave - look forward to getting the pictures. Saw them on the BOT site and they are great! Thank you!! :mrgreen:

Turd - glad you're back! 8)

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Sat May 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Crafty and 23T if you do decide to get a pooch please adopt one from the local shelter , Dusty ( our dog at the body shop ) she was a stray that the owner Bill found digging thru the trash at his house , she was a skinny puppy , but fattened up real well after a few weeks from the Regulars , the dog doesn't have to be ferocious , just a loud barker when anyone comes near or hears a noise to let them know , I'm in here and I might want to eat I mean meet you ... and 2 dogs would be better to keep each other company and twice the noise when the shop closed , dusty went home with Bill and now she has the easy life she has a 32X32 dog house with her own Camaro in it and a side house outside for the summer , and the funny part is shes self trained to use a litter box ( was by accident we where using oil dry to clean up her messes and she just caught on , funny part is Bill has cats and when Dusty went in to the house the cats where all confused when this German/Austrailan shepard mix started doing its thing in the litter box ... ) the other thing as there has been a rash of breakins at the machine shops so alot of the owners are now using CCTV that goes thru the internet and stores the info on a computer at another location .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Sun May 23, 2010 8:19 pm

Crafty and 23T if you do decide to get a pooch please adopt one from the local shelter
You bet, any more animals I have in my life I plan on rescuing. That's too funny about the dog using a litter box...I bet the cats were confused by that! :shock:
The video thing may be an option, we're also looking into motion sensor alarms. Probably cheaper than hiring a full time, armed security guard. :wink:

Return to “What's Up”