Wally Bell Show

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
WCB
Re: Wally Bell Show

Postby WCB » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:22 am

Wednesday 11/3

Tommy Mcneely

Animal Jim

Please join us...

www.dragracersreunion.ning.com click on ZEUS radio

Thanks........
www.wallybell.com

WCB

Postby WCB » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks to our guests
and
Thanks to our listeners...technical difficulties plagued us last night..but by golly we worked through it.
www.wallybell.com

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:28 am

What I WAS able to hear was great Wally..."Grave Danger"....Now THAT's Funny!! :mrgreen:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:46 am

It was fun on Wallys show last night. Too bad we had tech problems. I was in middle of telling about Dave Granger (Grave Danger-LOL!) and his Henry J TS car. Taking aside that Dave is my friend-his J sponsored by VSI is one of my favorites. 8) :wink:

In last couple seasons Dave through sheer determination has whittled his ETs from 8'0s-high 7's to now consistant low sevens. 8)

Last TS at Good Guys at Rt. 66 I watched him run a 7:19 and a 7:17. 8)

That day I was working mid track as spotter. They were perfect runs. :wink: :D

Dave won TS at a Div. 5 event last year and is always in contention. :D
Last edited by animal jim on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It has been quite a ride!

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:08 pm

:D Last night with Wally was great. Although the next three weeks will eat up time off my December years-I can hardly wait till Dec.1 8) The USSC reunion. It should be a blast!

The United States Super Circiut was a special time in drag racing.It ranged from April 1989 to 1996. Very remincent of the Coca Cola Calvalcate of Stars Funny Car circuit 20 years prior.

The USSC , in 1989 was the first Nitrous and Blown mixed "Pro Slammer" heads up Venue. Within a year that product evolved into Pro Modified. :wink: 8)

At that time In UDRA (United Drag Racers Assoc.) -That type of car was promoted as "Outlaw Pro Stock" and only nitrous as a power adder was allowed. No blowers.

UNTIL: In the late 90s -Yours truly and Joe Grazziano changed all that in UDRA . We were both UDRA Door Slammer Circuit Directors and board members. Ron Colson was UDRA President and Chris McMahan was VP. The class finally became up to date as :Outlaw Pro Mod" and blowers were accepted. :wink: 8)

Also at that time-Super Chevy had a Pro Mod feature series-but until 1997 only nitrous Pro mods were allowed. No blowers. :o

Then in 1997 Super Chevy did a 180 and introduced the "Nitro Coupes". Blown Pro Mods with nitro. :shock: 8) Wild Bill Kuhlmann won more than his share of those Super Chevy events and season championships. Earlier with nitrous and after 96 as a Nitro Coupe.

Tune in to Wally Bell's Drag Race Reunion on Weds. evenings --6 PM CST. 8) It is a great program. :wink:
It has been quite a ride!

WCB

Postby WCB » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks Jim..You were great,as always...

This week..11/10----Scott Shafiroff and Bill Ancona !

Please join us......

www.dragracersreunion.ning.com click on radio.
call in # 877 500 9387

listen to us by phone# 347 664 9756
www.wallybell.com

WCB

Postby WCB » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:48 am

Happy B'Day Jon Lundberg 11/10 !!!
www.wallybell.com

WCB

Postby WCB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 am

A fun show tonight!

Stop in..... 8)
www.wallybell.com

WCB

Postby WCB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Happy B'Day Jon Lundberg 11/10 !!!
www.wallybell.com

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:08 pm

WCB, I've been sick in bed all week, just got up for a while today and put your show on from last night...great, as always! Scott Shafiroff is a fascinating guy...he could write an encyclopedia on high performance engines and have a lot left over for more WB shows...Bill Ancona was funny and entertaining, you and Gordy are always a riot with your dialogues...oh yeah, the song in question...that's a NAPA Know-How commercial. It was written and performed by a Nashville songwriter named Wendell Mobley, and the TV commercial is lip-synched by Martin Truex, Jr. (NASCAR) and Ron Capps (NHRA)...they were produced for NAPA by the Kaplan Thaler Group...I'm putting the Capps video in here...pretty damn good job by everybody!
http://www.kaplanthaler.com/clients/napa-auto-parts
Funny you should mention Van Halen for that song...in 1997 at HRP, I was looking inside the body of Capps' Monte Carlo FC in the pits and taped to the center of the "dash" (firewall, actually) was Eddie Van Halen's guitar pick. Capps is a guitar player and musician of some note so he was a natural for that video! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Return to “What's Up”