Marion County Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Chris Gerber
Re: Marion County Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals

Postby Chris Gerber » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:18 pm

It was great to see the Stambaugh's back at the track. My friend Johnny and I worked the top end for the second year and was again disappointed to not get to see the Wheely cart. It did get us concerned when we saw all of the flames at the starting line. We were hoping that he was going to try to set a Guiness World record and come down to the end of the shutdown. There was not one drop of fluid leaked on the track until the final round. Dennis S. and the track owners have a very good thing going.
CGerber

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:41 am

Hi Chris! Great to have you up here. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

23t

Postby 23t » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:28 am

Next time Chris I'll drive on down and see ya! :D

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:32 am

A few years ago I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing Rick Stambaugh for Drag Racing Underground's FUNNY CAR REUNION RAW video/dvd... Of course the interview took place at E'Town Raceway Park's prestigious Nostalgia Summernationals/Funny Car Reunion... I genuinely admire Rick Stambaugh because he's a person who was actually part of the so-called "seventies scene", and now decided to get his family involved with today's vibrant Nostalgia Funny Car "revival"-- Rick has a true love for the magic of the "old skool" plastic fantastics... I'd love to see more "multi-generational" participation like the Stambaugh family... Rick shared some of his captivating "war stories" with me-- He's certainly a great story teller... I give Rick Stambaugh a lot of credit for sticking with the scene and sharing the experience with the youngins... You definitely got to have deep respect for the old-timers like Rick Stambaugh who are willing to share the experience with the "New Generation"... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

RH

Postby RH » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:30 am

Robin & Matt are proud of their dad Rick and his racing carreer,especially his pioneering east coast match race days with the nitro cars.I have no doubt that the legacy of this great family will continue for many years to come.
I'm proud to have them all as my friends.

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Return to “What's Up”